A Very Hard Time

Options
I am having a hard time. Life presents so many obstacles and convenient excuses. I am in a tough living situation. I have kids and my job is not secure. I have so many things I want to do but am not afforded the opportunity to do. I find myself feeling so lonely and sad sometimes. Unappreciated, and welcomed. Then I go all day and not eat. Then I am in such a rush that I pick up anything. Then I am soooooo sad that I eat something I should not. Then I am so at an unrest I don't sleep well. Then I am so tired in the morning that I do not exercise. Then I am discouraged and still fat. But then I hide it because I don't want my friends and family to know. :cry: Please help me. Cyber hugs would be nice. :indifferent: :ohwell:

Replies

• MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

A flower for you and one cyber-sista hug coming your way. Hang on and have faith. Work on the things in your control. Pray and leave to God (or your higher power) all the things not in your control. You are a woman. You are strong. You have the ability to work through challenges.

Keep on track with your dairy. Make the best food (and life) choices you can. Every day is a chance to be better and do better. The day isn't over with yet--- so keep on trucking!
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269
    Options
    I'm sorry life is so hard right now... Sometimes just changing one thing will make all the difference. If you exercise you might be more tired at the end of the day and ready for bed so it would solve your sleeping issue! Besides that, the exercise will make you feel better and release all sorts of positive endorphins! I'm sure you know all this so I don't mean to preach... We just have to talk ourselves out of the funk and into a better place! :hugs:
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    AWWH dont get so down on yourself. This is a journey that is a step at a time. Each time you stumble all you have to do is stand back up and continue. None of us got Fat overnight and we will not get healthy in that time frame either. Congratulate yourself on the progress you do make. :flowerforyou:
  • briar_rose
    briar_rose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    sending you a cyber hug

Do you have anyone to talk to to support you when you are feeling sad? I used to be so lazy but I find that exercsing makes me feel good after. You have been doing so well keep it up! I know it is hard to change your habits but I always think about my daughter when I'm having a bad day and how I want to be a good role model for her. Life is so hard sometimes.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Hello! I really hear you - days and days can go by without feeling the thrill of something positive. but, it will happen I assure it!! I don't know why......I just do.

I appreciate your story about feeling unappreciated and insecure about life and especially about not sleeping well! I am post menopause, gained 20 pounds in the last few years....

I don't have any quick answers but a hug you've got!!!

Be well today and just know you are not alone. :heart:

julia
  • jmayer28
    jmayer28 Posts: 4
    Options
    ((Hugs)) for you. Sorry you are feeling down. Sticking with a food and exercise program with all that life brings is really hard sometimes. Hope things get better for you.
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    Hugs :flowerforyou: I know life is rough. It's rough for just about everyone. All I can suggest is to break things down...one at a time...and try not to focus on everything all at once. What you need to know is that, you're not alone in how you feel. I feel the same way...more often than not. Alone...unappreciated...etc.... It's just not easy.

But remember tomorrow is another day....and with it will come opportunities and new beginnings. Good Luck, my friend, and try to stay on the sunny side.

Cheers
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    You are in a vicious cycle, Sweetie. The bad foods you are eating contribute to your sullen mood. Then the sullen mood makes you eat. To avoid just picking up anything on the way home, do the next day's dinner prep the night before. That way, you can throw together a healthy meal in 10-20 mins. Enlist your kids to help you, if they're old enough. Make it a fun project. Whatever happens every day, remember you are worth the extra effort. You wanna be around when those kiddies graduate high school and college and start families of their own! Eatin better will give you the energy and positive mood to help you motivate yourself into exercising. Best of luck!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    H U G S are sent your way. I am sure this is a cycle that keeps repeating itself and the only way it is going to be broken is if you start making small changes to do so. I so understand and appreciate the fact that you have the desire to do certain things, but are unable to do them. I wrestle with that one myself as I am financially restricted to "just living" month to month. In regards to your food issues, I strongly suggest you get in the habit of preparing small to go packaged meals (nuts, sandwich, salad, fruit, etc...)the night before and taking them with you to work or run errands. Keep bottled water in your car too. This one small exercise can help you at least break the habit of not eating and then eating something unhealthy because you are hungry and in a hurry. Not sure if you are spiritual or not, but Paul teaches about being content whatever our circumstances. It is easier said than done, but I do tend to focus on that when feeling down and also would suggest reading Phillipians 4:8. HUGS again!
  • urpsgirlfriend
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hang in there!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} I can completely understand where youa re coming from! I had a time in my life where everything seemed it couldn't get worse. I chose to buck the system and keep the battitude of I can handle it all, just bring it on!! My schedule was crazy, my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and given a very short time left to live, hubby got laid off from his job so I became the big bread winner with a home daycare, and my daughter was diagnesed with anxiety. Still I plastered that smile on my face, stayed positive and happy, found thet darn brightside regardless of where it was hiding, and amde it through fine on the otherside!!
    I chose to keep my positive attitude because I could control that. I couldn't control the cancer, the jobloss, the anxiety, but I could control my happiness and my life. I had a busy daily life between working, visiting dad and mom, nad getting daughter to and from therpy appts., not to mention trying not to want to scream once the money ran out!!
    Hubby was laid off for close to a year. We were out of money and not even making it week to week, but we managed. Dad passed away within 2 1/2 months of the cnacer diagnosis but we spent a ton of time together and talked, alot! Life is better now. Hubby has a job ( he isn't happy but it pays more than unemployment) Dad is in a better rplace and with family he hasn't seen in forever, and mom is handling it much better too. It's been 1 /2 years since that life changing summer and I am now ready to get back on track. Your time will come too. Decide what you can control and control it! Eveyrday! Don't get mad when you mess up. I pulled my car over several times after visits with dad and sobbed like a baby. It felt good to release some of the anger and sadness. Choose your thing to control and control it. Losing control every once in a while is normal so don't beat yourself up over it. Life will cycle back to being better sooner than you think!! :flowerforyou:
  • bmayes
    bmayes Posts: 55
    Options
    Let me start by saying...I don't even know you and I can already tell that you are awesome! You are honest. You are pretty (your pic). You are smart and you are a child of God. That makes you awesome, honey! You are right - life is hard. So very very hard. But life is good too. Don't let life get the best of you. YOU get the best of life. Start making a decison to start small. I feel horrible after I eat something bad too (sometimes. lol). Make small changes and feel good inside about the good decisions that you make - for walking 30 mins or for chosing fruit instead of cake - or for being YOU! You are wonderfully created and there will NEVER be another you. I had to start with only 20 mins of exercise - just to encourage myself to get off the couch! That helped me turn 20 into 30 and so on..Also, don't be afraid to say 'no' to people if it means saving your sanity! You can do this. Have positive mantras and I would be remiss if I didnt say trust in God. That is what helps me each and every day. I'll friend ya and I'll have my big sister friend you too. We all feel this way but remember that ONLY YOU CAN TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE. No one else can do it for you. Loooooove ya!
  • Fertilegrounds5
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I did come home and cook dinner for the kids. And then we all took turns on te trampoline. I plan to work out so morw while I watch TV this evening. Gotta get my DVD player working so I can follow the DVD
  • stamy6
    stamy6 Posts: 27
    Options
    You can have a big cyber hug from me!!!! While I may not be IN your situation you are not ALONE. We have to make time for ourselves to take care of our selves. You've already made the first step by realizing this . Now take the next steps with all of us!!

We're here for your support. We are real people with real jobs, families, issues ,coworkers and food temptations. But we all know that we deserve more and we're going to get it!! Everyday!!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :heart: