Awkward size

Carrie6o6
Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Today I went into Penningtons 14+ store. They have SO many clothes I just LOVE!! I only had $50 so could only buy 1 pair of pants.. but anyways.... Right now Im at the size where Penningtons 14+ is too big and normal clothing stores are too small!! Its so frustrating!! I dont want to lose weight cause then I wont fit the nice clothes in Penningtons anymore! I love it there so much!! hahaha But I hate being at this awkward size!! anyone else know what im talking about??

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Today I went into Penningtons 14+ store. They have SO many clothes I just LOVE!! I only had $50 so could only buy 1 pair of pants.. but anyways.... Right now Im at the size where Penningtons 14+ is too big and normal clothing stores are too small!! Its so frustrating!! I dont want to lose weight cause then I wont fit the nice clothes in Penningtons anymore! I love it there so much!! hahaha But I hate being at this awkward size!! anyone else know what im talking about??
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I had the same sadness when I shrunk out of Lane Bryant. I have yet to find clothes that fit my new body (further compounded by the fact that for a couple of years it was a new body every month.) I like Reitman's clothes. ..are they out by you? I get a lot of my work-type clothes from them.

My dream is that one of those "what not to wear" type shows would ambush me and purchase me all new clothes.:flowerforyou:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Oh yeah!!! My 18's are too big:bigsmile: :bigsmile: .....sixteens are sometimes right,:happy: but I have one pair of 16 pants that I can't even begin to fit into:grumble: . Oh well.....better than having to buy BIGGER clothes!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member

My dream is that one of those "what not to wear" type shows would ambush me and purchase me all new clothes.:flowerforyou:

LOL mine too!! Since I was heavier when I was 18-19, I still have shirts left over that fit....but they 'look' like they're for an 18 yr old haha. They have little sayings on them and don't really match anything or look mature in any way. I'm in between pant-sizes, and I have to buy 'short' sizes, so I still have to shop in Juniors, and I only can find pants at Aeropostale. I only have one pair that's not covered in holes, but since I'm in between, I don't want to spend money on a pair that's too big! I don't even have any money for a new pair. So I always end up looking like a hot mess in sweats lol. I need Stacey and Clinton and the 360 degree mirror asap! :sad:
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    oh man i went shopping the other day and i got
    size 14 skirt and 3 size 14 shirts
    a pair of size 16 jeans - although the other day they kinda kept falling down a bit every so often
    but i had to buy size 16 underwear :huh:

how does that work?
  • oh I so hear what you are saying.
    I LOVE Torrid. It is a store here that starts at size 12 and goes up. I bought something from there weekly...till nothing was fitting me anymore.
    I now walk by it every time I go to the mall, and just look into the store..lost...LOL I know that there is nothing in there that is going to fit me (its ALL to big)..but everything is just sooo cute!!

I do however like being able to shop at JCPennys and Old Navy again :devil:

• My dream is that one of those "what not to wear" type shows would ambush me and purchase me all new clothes.:flowerforyou:

LOL mine too!! Since I was heavier when I was 18-19, I still have shirts left over that fit....but they 'look' like they're for an 18 yr old haha. They have little sayings on them and don't really match anything or look mature in any way. I'm in between pant-sizes, and I have to buy 'short' sizes, so I still have to shop in Juniors, and I only can find pants at Aeropostale. I only have one pair that's not covered in holes, but since I'm in between, I don't want to spend money on a pair that's too big! I don't even have any money for a new pair. So I always end up looking like a hot mess in sweats lol. I need Stacey and Clinton and the 360 degree mirror asap! :sad:

I LOVE Stacy and Clinton! My 12 year old daughter watches their show regularly..and then when we go shopping she tells me that Stacy would not approve if something doesn't fit right or look good...LOL
  • Carrie6o6
    I had the same sadness when I shrunk out of Lane Bryant. I have yet to find clothes that fit my new body (further compounded by the fact that for a couple of years it was a new body every month.) I like Reitman's clothes. ..are they out by you? I get a lot of my work-type clothes from them.

yeah I love Reitmans too. Thats where I used to shop as a teen before I had kids haha I LOVE what not to wear!! Stacy and Clinton are so awesome! hahaha I will bring you in and you bring me in hahaha
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Let me first say that torrid is owned by hot topic and they sell the clothing online!!!! you can find smaller sizes!!! ok got that out of the system:laugh:

While I am in between the old body and the new body I decided that I would not spend very much money on new clothing - SO I hit the thrift stores and only buy the name brands - also if any of you have a platos closet - used but in great condition! and good prices - last month they had a sale -- all you could fit in a brown bag for $10!!!! omg it was great!

And on that off chance that I find something that I fall in love with-- well I buy it but in my goal size-- I know weird but I will have the best clothes when it's "ME" again.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member

I LOVE Stacy and Clinton! My 12 year old daughter watches their show regularly..and then when we go shopping she tells me that Stacy would not approve if something doesn't fit right or look good...LOL

LOL that is too cute! I actually just watched a GREAT episode with an exotic dancer in it, they made her look fabulous of course. Stacy is always looking wonderful, she even makes a little grey in her hair look amazing. So jealous! My grey hair doesn't look cool :tongue:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Guess what gurls? We guys go thru the same thing! :grumble: Really! I honestly have NO idea what size pants I am now? It used to be, for us Y chromosome carriers, that you could walk into any store, and your size was your size, period. Ah, for the good old days. So now, there are no two companies that make the same zie pants for us either?! Talk about confusing! And then, with my weight loss, it's like NOTHING fits! Arrrrgggg! This isn't supposed to happen to a guy! Hrmpfh! In our world, jeans will fit, period. Shirts will be nicely sized. Period. But no more! And I get totally exasperated at EVERYTHING in clothes, cause NOTHING fite me anymore at all. Arrrgggg!!!!
  • Do you have an 'Avenue' near you? They have great clothes at fairly reasonable prices . . . and lots of sales. The clothing runs from size 14 up.

But not to worry . . . you'll soon be past that in-between size and into the really fun stuff in the 'regular' stores.
    :happy:
  • Carrie6o6
    No doubt!! I cant wait to shop in a normal store hahaha I just hope they have great clothes like in Penningtons!! I really like the ladies who work there too! Im gonna miss them! :cry: haha I should tell them about this site then they can work at a new store I go to haha
This discussion has been closed.