12 minute mile NSV - Funny thing

Options
Ok. So I have been doing a HIIT on treadmill for the last month, slowly working my way up by tracking how fast I can run during interval training. Never really paid attention to the miles.

Today I set myself a new random goal. Try and see if I can run a 12 minute mile. I am no runner by the way.

So I step on the treadmill , warm up for 5 mins and start running at 5 mph, then 5.5 and 6 mph and I finished my 12 min mile sucessfully.

Now for the second attempt, I calculate the time that I should have completed a mile by, but for some reason only accounted for 10 minutes instead of 12 minutes. So absent-minded. I start running and I felt like I am not going to make it. I tried really hard and I still had 0.2 miles to go by the end of 10 minutes. Not realizing I actually had 2 mins left, I kept pushing to until I completed a mile. A minute later, I realized I had actually done a 11 minute mile.

Never thought I could do it. One of my first NSVs.:blushing:

Replies

• ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :D
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    That's awesome congratulations! I love that you did an 11 minute mile the second time! Good job!
  • megpiemac12
    Options
    that's great! I started walking about a month ago and didn't realize that I was starting to walk my miles a lot more quickly...and even sprinting up a few hills! Feels great!
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269
    Options
    Nice job!
  • savimal
    savimal Posts: 37
    Options
    that's great! I started walking about a month ago and didn't realize that I was starting to walk my miles a lot more quickly...and even sprinting up a few hills! Feels great!

Congratulations! Feels great to make such progress.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!