zumba

Options
wonder how much calories are burned in a hour of zumba... anyone know?

Replies

• eliana51
    eliana51 Posts: 7
    Options
    Entre 550 y 600 en una hora
  • sleepy7
    sleepy7 Posts: 104
    Options
    528 calories for 55 mins
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    it really depends on the intensity level ... You could easily burn that many calories (500-600 calories) in 30-60 or so minutes if you go at it high intesity, or you could burn as little as 200-300 calories if your just starting out.

The best thing to do is to measure it with a HRM...
  • sharondenn
    sharondenn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Zumba Wii game since January .... I use the "Slimnastics/jazzercise" category in the MFP database to report exercise, its the closest I can find! lol!
  • kajunsarah
    Options
    I wear a HRM to get an accurate reading and depending on how hard I work I burn between 650 to 950 cal in an hr.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have an HRM and it depends a lot on the class / instructor.
    A normal 45 minute class for me burns 270 calories. It used to burn more (360) but I think I am getting used to the workout and I barely break a sweat with her anymore. Another instructor came in, it was an hour class and I burned 470 calories.
    I am 5' 6 and 150 lbs. If you REALLY want to know - invest in a heart rate monitor...one with a chest strap.
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i do it in dance aerobics and change the cals to 500. I probably burn more than that but it's always safe to shoot low than go too high.
  • Flora_Delirus
    Options
    Speaking of HRM....what are good ones that aren't going to cost me a fortune? Any suggestions?

Also, I haven't started the Zumba dancing stuff I got on DVD but I might tonight since I didn't get to work out at work today.