knees : /

Options
owwwwww been doing workout dvds for a week now and my knees really hurt, started the 30 day shred yeasterday i couldnt even get through the whole twenty mins today : ( feeling a little discouraged, ne one have the same problem and what helps???

Replies

• Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Are they crunching?
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Make sure your form is correct with JM. If you are bringing your knee past your ankle, you will hurt your knees.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Ice your knee throughout the day for like 20 minutes at a time.. I have knee issues and this seems to help me. Also when your just standning around or sitting watching TV... stretch your knee, by bending your one knee back and forth, or stand on one food... it will strengthen the muscles of your knees.
  • youcanhumpmyleg
    Options
    not crunching now, just painful, christy they hurt before i started the jm dvds, & thanks joe :D
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    So so important to not let the knee bend past the ankle - whether jumping, walking, or stair climbing!

also work to strengthen the muscles on the leg around the knee - I learned this when I had a knee injury and had to have PT. Crunches are great for the quads and will help the knees.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    i just starting having a problem last night with my knee...after doin a kettlebell work out. My cousin gave me a brace type thing that just slides over my knee. I slept with it on and my knee feels great now. I ran two miles this morning and i feel great. Also, i agree with everyone else, watch your form. I think you can buy these braces (made by ace) at wal mart. Good Luck!
  • 1bubblybroad
    Options
    My knees- especially right one are hurting. I've been doing Zumba on the wii and Biggest loser DVD for 2 months now and only in the last 2 weeks has my knees started to hurt. I'm making sure my knee doesn't go over my ankle. I still have 33 lbs to lose- maybe it's just the weight pressure on it doing it for me?:happy:
  • youcanhumpmyleg
    Options
    would everyone suggest to just push through it ? or would i damage then even more?
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You're a little young but you might try taking glucosamine. It is a supplement for your joints. I started taking it because my knees hurts from doing the 30 day shred as well and it has helped me. I pushed though and did not stop working out
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    So so important to not let the knee bend past the ankle - whether jumping, walking, or stair climbing!

also work to strengthen the muscles on the leg around the knee - I learned this when I had a knee injury and had to have PT. Crunches are great for the quads and will help the knees.

Good Info.

Also ice them with a ice pack at night.
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have arthritis in my knee so I use a knee support. It helps during exercise. I also know my limits with squats and lunges, so be mindful of your joints. :)
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    would everyone suggest to just push through it ? or would i damage then even more?
    really!!! you need to know your pain level I know we are all trying to help but pain is personal. if you couldn't finish 20 min why would you ask should you push it. Ice it give it 2 days rest if it still hurts go see a DR. PLEASE this is your body take care of it
  • terrivision
    terrivision Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have knee problems too. If you are doing jumping movements make sure you land softly on your toes, not your heals. Also it is best to do jumping moves on a padded/mat surface, to help decrease the shock to the joints. Don't push yourself too hard because your body is telling you something if you are in a great deal of pain. Talk to your doctor about joint supplements.
  • minikoy
    minikoy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Uh oh...

what does it mean when it crunches?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you can do a search here for knees and you'll see a lot of people having the same problem with 30 Day Shred. I recommend that on your fourth workout day that you switch up with another workout, such as her Yoga Meltdown DVD. It is too hard on the knees to do the same workout every...single....day.