Sweet Treats

Options
Calorie counting, good choices, exercise... it all makes sense, and I know I can do it EXCEPT for one serious downfall... I HAVE A SWEET TOOTH! I could sure use some suggestions that will help get me through those just before bed chocolate cravings, etc.

Replies

• GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I love Special K choc. pretzel bars!! awesome
    and I like frozen choc. yogurt 1/2 cup
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Try eating more cinnamon, or taking a supplement. Helps blood sugar and reduces my cravings :D

or! Try eating a serving of frozen cranberries. so tart and yummy, will kill your sweet tooth! and only 50 calories
  • shmarlyboo
    Options
    fruit. it's natures candy :)
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I tried the Nature Valley Granola Thins this week and they are really good. Small but they have a little chocolate and are only 80 calories. I have a sweet tooth too!
  • Katherine912
    Katherine912 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Have whichever treat you want, but in moderation! I set aside 150-200 calories a day in my caloric budget that is reserved for my nightly "treat". I have the BIGGEST sweet tooth. I have lost 29 pounds, and still treated myself every night ;) Just make sure it's within your caloric goals.

Also, I really really like the Dr. Atkins "Endulge" products. You can find them at wal-mart. They are very low in sugar and carb and taste great. Also, the No Pudge Brownie Mix is great. I'll make the whole pan, cut them up and store them all in the freezer. I'll remove one and heat it in the microwave and serve. That way an entire pan of brownies isn't sitting on your counter.

Good luck!
  • megpiemac12
    Options
    gotcha on those cravings....think we all have them...all in moderation. I really like a good old fashioned fudge pop. Low calorie and fat and curbs that craving. also, skinny cow has a great ice cream bar. Dark chocolate truffle I think. For a low calorie ice cream, it's the best I have had. Tastes great and don't feel like I'm eating cardboard!
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    For my sweet tooth I chew gum, especially the new desert gum from extra mint chocolate chip ice cream is my favorite and the strawberry shortcake they have flavor for a long time and it keeps my mouth busy.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    Try Jello Temptations. I got the strawberry and raspberry cheescake. They are only 150 calories and I promise it will satisfy that sweet tooth! As soon as my kids are in bed I sit down with one of those a savor each bite!! They also make a chocolate mousse one that looks good!!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Don't let the ingredients foul you. These are really good. Also you will need to keep these in the frig after they are cooked.

Midnight Brownies

Number of servings 16 (that's why I'm still eating on them. you keep these in the frig after you make them. do not reheat!)

1 can Great Value - Canned Black Beans
    12 tbls Madhava - Agave Nectar Light - Part for FROSTING
    1/2 c Gold Medal - All Natural Whole Wheat Flour
    8 sqs Hershey's - Special Dark - Mildly Sweet Chocolate - Part for FROSTING
    4 tbsp Hershey's - Cocoa Natural Unsweetened
    1/2 c Great Value - Original Liquid Eggs
    1 tsp Baking Powder - Clabber Girl Mk
    4 tbsp McCormick's - Pure Vanilla Extract - part for FROSTING
    6 oz Great Value - Cream Cheese Fat Free - FROSTING

Total: cal 2087, carbs 390, fat 36, Protein 78, sugar 246, Fiber 56
    Per Serving: cal 130, carbs 24, fat 2, protein 5, sugar 15, fiber 4

direction:

preheat oven to 350 degrees. lightly spray an 8 X 8 baking dish with nonstick butter flavor cooking spray. In a food processor, mix all ingredients except for:

6 sqs chocolate (melted)

Chop on high, until smooth. Clean off sides and blend for another 20 seconds. Add the 6 blks of melted chocolate and blend another 45 to 60 seconds. Spread into the 8 X 8 baking dish and bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for about 1 hour at room temperature.

FROSTING

6 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
    1/4 c agave syrup
    2 tbsp vanilla extract
    2 sqs chocolate (melted)

Whisk with an electric beater all ingredients for frosting together until light and fluffy. Spread evenly over the top of the cooled brownies. Place covered with plastic wrap in refrigerator for 20 minutes. Cut into 4 across on both sides of dish and it will make 16 servings. Serve and enjoy. Refrigerate.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    skinny cow ice cream sandwiches----140 cals (come with choc wafers with either vanilla, choc or mint ice cream in the middle).

Also--weight watchers dark chocolate raspberry ice pops
    80 cals
  • MNCPRGuy
    MNCPRGuy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Thank you all so much for the suggestions! I am totally stoked to try them all (but not at once of course!) :laugh:
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth, too. I make sure to leave myself calories to satisfy it, and have found some real treats. Jello Mousse Temptations are AMAZING. Chocolate yummmmm for 60 calories. Seriously. Also try the small, original Rice Krispies Treats. They're very good and only 90 calories. I highly recommend finding some sweets that you can eat on a regular basis. Otherwise you are prone to feeling deprived and going into "what the heck, I'll eat that king size Snickers bar if I want to!" mode.
  • 3rdchild
    3rdchild Posts: 2
    Options
    I have the BIGGEST SWEET TOOTH!!! Activia new Desserts are a hit with me! They are only a 140 cals. Also, Skinny Cow Ice cream are an excellent choice!