Hello from Texas

texasgal22
texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hi ya'll My name is Teral pronounced like Carol only with a T. Life is good and I am happy to be on this journey with you to loosing all the extra pounds and getting back to enjoying an active lifestyle once again.

I joined the site a few months back when I was trying to decide how I was going to track my weight loss progress. I settled on WW online a couple of months ago. I have seen some progress which is always encouraging. My sister told me she wanted to join here and not WW so I am tracking my weight loss here but following WW program. It truly is a lifestyle change. I don't think I realized how out of control my habits were until I started modifying them. I give to Jesus all the praise and glory for any loss as it is He who sustains me. Come on over and introduce yourselves.

Replies

• justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Hello to you from Austin!
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Hello and Welcome to you from Arlington, TX
  • Hi from Houston!

Let me know how doing WW and tracking here works for you. I've been using MFP for about two months now but have been thinking about doing WW as well. Would like to find out if that approach works :D - Elsa.
  • AWESOME!!!!
  • Pat_Johnson
    Pat_Johnson Posts: 32 Member
    Hello how are you I'm in Omaha,NE orginally from Houston TX
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Welcome to MFP! I'm from Dallas.
  • lexibelk
    lexibelk Posts: 83 Member
    Hello from Houston. Good luck on you and your sister's journey!
  • texasgal22
    Hi Elsa, glad to meet you. As for WW I can tell you that I like the simplicity of the points; particularly that some items in the store list points for you. Exercise seems to be the key no matter which site you are on. There are lots of people on WW online that are on maintenance and ready to encourage you along the way...which I think is a plus. I do spend more time on WW online though. Have you seen success with MFP?
  • Hello from Sioux Falls, SD but moved here from Dallas a couple of years ago!! I too am on WW and am curious to see how this site works with it since we don't count calories on WW. Any tips??
  • texasgal22
    I'm back! I'm still on WW for the time being but now that I have been diagnosed as preD I see that WW plan is not friendly to preD. WW encourages eating fruit and veggies as "free" values and that works against the objective of controlling carbs. I've only been on the preD journey a little more than 2 weeks. I am tracking food here so I can see the whole picture and putting the day's total into WW. Oddly enough I am staying right in line with the points values WW says I should have by tracking carbs. I don't track exercise here as that only serves to give you more calories/food values and right now I need to keep those values to be consistent especially while I am learning.

@callmenikki, lexibelk, stefflilly, pat johnson - thank you for responding to my shout out in 2011 :smile:
This discussion has been closed.