do you use....

Options
do you use the extra calories this site gives you for when you enter an excercise? I am just starting and dont want to use those calories. what do you all think?

Replies

• EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    there are people who say yes have to and people who say hell no. so it is up to you. however if you dont i would not go under 1300 cal a day if you work out and 1200 if you don't

i do not eat them
  • LM721
    LM721 Posts: 10
    Options
    I don't use it. I work out in the mornings so I wait until the next day to log it. But, I'm interested to know what other's do.
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am building a fat burning machine, so I eat as many as I can stand, turns out it is hardly ever all of them, but I never leave myself weak or hungry.
  • smcclaycouffer
    smcclaycouffer Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I personally don't use the extra work out calories because then I think it defeats the purpose of working out. Why burn them off just to go eat them again?
  • dalscruf
    dalscruf Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing... I don't want to use the "free" calories if it only means that i'm overeating...
  • jcd708727
    Options
    Absolutely...use those calories. As long as your net calories for the day are below your goal you are good to go. Reward yourself for that workout! But...you shouldn't feel that you NEED to use those calories if you're not hungry. Just be careful that you don't starve yourself and make sure you keep your blood sugar level in check.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I personally don't use the extra work out calories because then I think it defeats the purpose of working out. Why burn them off just to go eat them again?

Thats exactly my thinking. thanks!!
  • LM721
    LM721 Posts: 10
    Options
    just wanted to comment on jcd708727's picture: I love your Rottie!! I have one too.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    If you do not use them your overall body will shrink including your muscles. You will become a smaller version of yourself instead of lean and mean.

See my post for more info: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/188138-gone-in-60-days
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I use them when I am hungry and don't when I am not. I usually work up an appetite though. I end up having about 100 calories to spare on most days, so I use a lot of my extra calories but not all. You aren't overeating if you use them. If you take in 1200 calories and then workout burning 200 of them, your net is only 1000. If you eat another 200 calories you are still at your 1200 goal. That's how I see it.
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Some days I eat back about half of them. Some days I don't touch them. Sometimes it's nice to know I have them in case I decide to have a glass of wine w/ dinner or something. Either way. On the days that I am getting the extra calories, I try to at least have a net calorie intake of 1200-1300 which is still under my calorie allowance. I had asked this exact question when I first started and someone told me it's like driving a car...You give your car gas to make it go...it will then only go so far before needing to be refueled. The more you drive the car, the more fuel it will need. Meaning if you're working out a lot, the more calories your body is going to need.

Good luck with whatever you decide!