Some weight loss questions

Options
This is my 3rd week being on the site and I have some questions.

1. I have a calorie goal of 2100 a day and since I started here I have constantly been under my calorie (except 1 day) goal by about 3-500 calories. The first week was definitely hard as I was constantly hungry but now it's becoming more manageable especially at night. So my question is should I be going near my calorie goal more or keeping the same? So far I have lost 5 pounds since I've started.

2. Next question is about exercise. Since I've began myfitnesspal.com, I exercise everyday for about 30-60 minutes. Is 6 days a week with one day rest too much or should I keep it the same? Certain days I feel my body is lagging behind even though I have the mentality and stamina to do it.

Thanks all.

Replies

• sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I'd try to get a little closer to your calorie goal every day (within 100-200). This might be why your body sometimes feels like it's lagging. That being said, 6 days a week is completely fine, just listen to yourself. There are going to be times when your body needs the rest, and you need to give it. Don't push yourself too far, especially at the beginning (bigger risk of burnout).
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I try to exercise every day, even if my body feels tired I will do something gentler, like a long walk or a couple mini sessions on the elliptical.
  • lolblondie
    Options
    You probably aren't eating the "right" foods for the workouts you are doing. Try to focus on more protiens for muscle recovery. Maybe add a few more good carbs and fiber than what you may be allowing for energy.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Splitting your exercise week with a rest day is good, so most advice goes. I don't usually do it but sometimes take the entire weekend off if i have done a lot! Congrats on losing 5lb in 3 weeks! That sounds like what you are doing is pretty close - I personally would not increase calories, if, as you say you feel okay, because it seems to be working well for you. You wouldn't want to risk putting the 5lbs back over the next 3 weeks...:sad:

David