Welcome To MFP

Options
Just wanting to wish all the new people a great big Welcome.. Glad you could join us. Don't worry about asking questions or answering posts. We are all here for each other.

<

Replies

• melissa73
    Options
    Just wanting to wish all the new people a great big Welcome.. Glad you could join us. Don't worry about asking questions or answering posts. We are all here for each other.

<
  • gazellegirl
    gazellegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'mglad you said that, sometimes I feel like I don't get a lot of response to my posts, I hope I am not doing this wrong, I hope I have not offended anyone, I am just trying to figure this thing out. :bigsmile:

93399.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'mglad you said that, sometimes I feel like I don't get a lot of response to my posts, I hope I am not doing this wrong, I hope I have not offended anyone, I am just trying to figure this thing out. :bigsmile:

93399.png

I feel the same way! I really appreciate Melissa's welcome! Sometimes on message boards I tend to just lurk because everybody else always seems to already know each other. But there are always lots of new folks joining here every day ... so I have just decided to jump on in. I know I need all the support I can get ... and I'm old & have been around the block a few times ... so maybe I've picked up a trick or two along the way that I can share. Anyway ... welcome and don't be shy ... from a fellow newbie!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options

93399.png

Hi Gazelle--

Welcome and just so you know, you can add your ticker to your signature so you don't have to include it in posts all the time, which it looks like you're doing right now. Just follow the instructions below.

Q. How do I add a ticker to my forum signature?

A. Here's a quick explanation of how to add a weight loss ticker to your forum signature:

1. First, click on the "Tools" tab, then click on "Tickers" in the light blue bar below the tabs to reach the section of the site where you can create your ticker.

2. Follow the steps to create your ticker. They should (hopefully) be self-explanatory.

3. When your ticker has been completed, you'll be shown two boxes with code in them to display your ticker. Click on the box on the left (BBCode) - this is the code you need to use on the MyFitnessPal message boards. Highlight all of the code in that box (most browsers will do this automatically once you click on the box). If the code is not all highlighted, you can right-click on the box and choose "Select All"

4. Once you have highlighted all of the code, right click on the code and choose "Copy."

5. Now click on the "My Home" tab, then click "Settings" in the light blue bar below the tabs, and finally, click on the "Change forum signature" link.

6. Right-click in the box where you can type your forum signature and choose "Paste."

7. Finally, click "Save Changes."

Once you've saved your new forum signature, every post you've ever made should now display your ticker at the bottom of it. You don't need to create a new post to test your ticker - just look at any previous post, and the ticker will be displayed there if you've followed the steps properly.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Just jump right in. There are no rules on which threads you can comment on. We ALL want your input. I have learned a lot from the newbies!:wink:
  • melissa73
    Options
    This site is just one great big family. Everyone is part of it. Mike gave all of of this site to better ourselves and help others.
  • melissa73
    Options
    bump

welcome.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :tongue:
    Just jump right in. There are no rules on which threads you can comment on. We ALL want your input. I have learned a lot from the newbies!:wink:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

93399.png

I feel the same way! I really appreciate Melissa's welcome! Sometimes on message boards I tend to just lurk because everybody else always seems to already know each other. But there are always lots of new folks joining here every day ... so I have just decided to jump on in. I know I need all the support I can get ... and I'm old & have been around the block a few times ... so maybe I've picked up a trick or two along the way that I can share. Anyway ... welcome and don't be shy ... from a fellow newbie!

I'm quite new but I just have decided to jump in anyway and pretend to know everyone...:laugh: :laugh: They don't seem to minded yet:drinker: I don't think I've been here a month yet.....:flowerforyou: But I think that is the real key.....find a thread, see if something you have a comment on, start welcoming new folks even if you yourself joined 30 minutes ago....

It always feels good to everyone new or a long time member to be noticed and spoken too. It won't take you long at all to feel you're a part of things...but I truly do think we get out of life what we put into it......

Even this site applies to that :flowerforyou: Welcome Welcome :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    bump

welcome.gif
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: OH how I love that .gif you used!!!:tongue::laugh: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    bump

welcome.gif
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: OH how I love that .gif you used!!!:tongue::laugh: :drinker: :drinker:

OMG...I think that's ME in the back...or at least my hand....when'd you take that picture anyway??:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

<

melissa73,
    Hey fellow Purple Teammate!! :flowerforyou:

I think that was really thoughtful of you to post this mesage to make everyone feel welcome:drinker: ....it is hard for some to jump right in and say hullo...and this site isn't much fun if you merely lurk:noway: .... sharing and receiving knowledge makes it a complete pkg. :drinker:
  • melissa73
    Options
    bump

welcome.gif

Yeah I feel like there is so many new people joining every day and then there are ones that don't even post at all.

I have learned and found out many things here that I wouldn't have before on my own.
    The support that we give each other is amazing too.

As far as who I am in my pic. is the girl with the pig tails up front.
    I like to be goofy sometimes too.:laugh:

Go purple.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    bump

welcome.gif

Yeah I feel like there is so many new people joining every day and then there are ones that don't even post at all.

I have learned and found out many things here that I wouldn't have before on my own.
    The support that we give each other is amazing too.

As far as who I am in my pic. is the girl with the pig tails up front.
    I like to be goofy sometimes too.:laugh:

Go purple.
    Speaking of Purple...ok not that we were....:blushing: :laugh: I really want to find a way to get ALL our purple members chattin away on our posts...ya know? The black team seems to jump righ tin and start a new thread each day.... maybe us chatty chatters could do that as well...and just keep chattin and welcoming the new purple members on that thread and perhaps it will grow by leaps and bounds.

I'd love to think we all could really support one another in the good times and the rough times as well....it's the rough times some tend not to chat and I know it's easy to pull back...but amazinly that's when we get the support in luvin armloads and can get right back to work on what we all came here for.

SO HERE'S TO THE NEW PURPLE POWER ....:drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • weege422
    Options
    hey guys, my name is travis. if anybody wants to help hold each other accountable, i will be more than willing to jump in and give advice and motivation. i am trying to lose some weight as well. I am a personal trainer believe it or not, yes, even we struggle at times. So if anybody has any questions or wants to help each other reach the sky, send me an email! Have a wonderful day! God bless!
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: