New Here

Options
Hi my name is Melissa. I am a 35yr old mother of 2. My husband and I recently (since the begining of Feb) started exercising and eating better. Of course he's lost 15 lbs to my 3. He works and is physical at work and I am a stay at home mom. I needed to do something different. My sister told me about this site to help keep track of what I eat. I've been using it for 2 days and it seems to be keeping me somewhat aware of what I'm putting in my mouth. Sad thing...I used to love to eat...and loved food. Now I see food as numbers and not food. I feel like I'm losing a friend. I'm dealing with it...the kids keep me pretty busy. I know this will work if I want it bad enough. My goal is to lose enough weight for when we take our kids on a disney cruise in 2014. I just want to be comfortable and be able to keep up with them. :) Happy Losing!

Replies

• kpower1983
    kpower1983 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!

It does get a little easier - I know what you mean about the food thing, hard not to get obsessed! Allow yourself plenty of treats and don't go too hard on yourself.

Best advice - keep the water intake up!

Make lots of friends on here (add me if you like), there is plenty of support on here!

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • Hollycole
    Hollycole Posts: 13
    Options
    Good luck!!!! I am newer to the site as well......keeps me motivated. Feel free to friend me if you'd like.

-Holly
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. If you learn to measure everything that goes into your mouth, right up front from the start, it will really help in the long run. Later, you will know exactly what each measurement looks like and it will be much easier. I'm sure that you'll find many friends here to help. Look thru the boards and see what jumps out at you and then just jump right in. Good Luck!
  • MNCPRGuy
    MNCPRGuy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome! New here myself, but am quickly becoming a MFP junkie! :bigsmile:
  • susse74
    susse74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well. I know exactly what you are talking about with food... AND having a husband who loses at a rate 3x yours :( Annoying. I too have two kids, but I work full time. However, I tend to just eat whatever I can grap on the go, so for me a big challenge is the planning part.

Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend. That way we can keep each other encouraged.

Susann
  • BrittBrat33
    Options
    Welcome!!! I wish you nothing but the best!! If you would like to add me please do!! CHEERS!! :drinker:
  • sm26davis
    sm26davis Posts: 52
    Options
    welcome, you can add me as a friend if you want. I love to eat too but you have to remember Eat to live not live to eat! You can allow yourself soem treats once in a while. One of my favs used to be angel food cake with lite whipped topping, strawberries and some chocolate sauce. So good!!
  • AngieRevised
    Options
    Welcome!
    :flowerforyou: