Control Freak here...out of control

Options
Well, the weather has changed to colder so now it's time to pull out those big baggy sweaters that I can hide under and my last year jeans. The only problem is, my last year jeans are tight. So today I'm having to do what I have been trying to avoid...go out and buy new ones (or run around in shorts all winter - not going to happen)

I am a certified control freak. Went to school for it, got my masters, graduated with honors. Yet, for as controlling as I am, I lack total control as to what I put into my mouth and being able to make the scale move. I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!! (not yelling at you, just the person in the mirror). I know I'm not writing anything new on here because I have been constantly reading the threads of all others' frustrations and successes. Just figured if I wrote it down, I am a tad bit more accountable. So, today, I vow to stay within my calories and choose wisely. I AM IN CONTROL!!!

Replies

• iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Well, the weather has changed to colder so now it's time to pull out those big baggy sweaters that I can hide under and my last year jeans. The only problem is, my last year jeans are tight. So today I'm having to do what I have been trying to avoid...go out and buy new ones (or run around in shorts all winter - not going to happen)

I am a certified control freak. Went to school for it, got my masters, graduated with honors. Yet, for as controlling as I am, I lack total control as to what I put into my mouth and being able to make the scale move. I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!! (not yelling at you, just the person in the mirror). I know I'm not writing anything new on here because I have been constantly reading the threads of all others' frustrations and successes. Just figured if I wrote it down, I am a tad bit more accountable. So, today, I vow to stay within my calories and choose wisely. I AM IN CONTROL!!!
  • summer2984
    Options
    So you say you are going to g ofor a nice looooooooooooooooooooooooooong walk today? :tongue:
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I eat over my cals almost always- but, knowing that, I exersise extra( with HRM controlled burned cals) to compensate. You can tweak your numbers a little bit: if you can't eat less- you must exersise more.
    Good luck
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Sooooo... control freak, huh? Really? Allow me to introduce you to some REAL control. Something that will not let you down, and works every time, seriously. It's logging each and every thing you eat, and logging all your exercise as well. Otherwise, you are not being honest with yourself, and not in control. Sparkle Kilt hugz and luvya!:flowerforyou:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is 100% right...and I have a little bit to add. Logging your food and exercise (honestly) and being accountable does help. You will have plateaus and setbacks, but keep on plugging along and you will get there.:heart: