Can't believe I was only over by 13

Options
So, I had one of those out of the house all day running here and there days today. I knew I wasn't going to get to exercise later in the day, so I ate a quick yogurt and got on the elliptical for 30 minutes, but was in a hurry to get out the door so I ate a protein bar and had some milk instead of an actual food breakfast. Logged it all ... ugh ... 550 for just breakfast!

So I knew I didn't have a lot of wiggle room in my day! I ate a grilled chicken sandwich from Wendys ... but didn't think to ask for no sauce. Still ... ok ... no fries and iced tea to drink.

Then, went to a wedding shower for my daughter's best friend. Not much in the way of munchies, but I had caramel apple dip and CAKE. I didn't eat the frosting (i wasn't being virtuous, I just like cake better without icing ... weird, I know). It tasted ok, but I seriously would have been fine with just 2 or 3 bites. But I got distracted talking and mindlessly ate almost the whole piece ... until I kinda got grossed out by the sweetness/richness.

Then after the shower we went to IHOP for actual dinner with DD, DSiL, and younger DD. Ended up getting the harvest grain & nut pancakes with blueberries in them topped with bananas with egg substitute on the side. I put the promise margarine on them and had half & half in my coffee. I could only manage one pancake ... but still figured that with all that I would be WAAAAYYYY over on my calories ...

But NO! only 13! Pretty cool. I love this site ... if I had just not logged it because I thought I had done so badly ... I would have been beating myself up not knowing that really I came in just about right, cake, pancake and all.

Replies

• tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    So, I had one of those out of the house all day running here and there days today. I knew I wasn't going to get to exercise later in the day, so I ate a quick yogurt and got on the elliptical for 30 minutes, but was in a hurry to get out the door so I ate a protein bar and had some milk instead of an actual food breakfast. Logged it all ... ugh ... 550 for just breakfast!

So I knew I didn't have a lot of wiggle room in my day! I ate a grilled chicken sandwich from Wendys ... but didn't think to ask for no sauce. Still ... ok ... no fries and iced tea to drink.

Then, went to a wedding shower for my daughter's best friend. Not much in the way of munchies, but I had caramel apple dip and CAKE. I didn't eat the frosting (i wasn't being virtuous, I just like cake better without icing ... weird, I know). It tasted ok, but I seriously would have been fine with just 2 or 3 bites. But I got distracted talking and mindlessly ate almost the whole piece ... until I kinda got grossed out by the sweetness/richness.

Then after the shower we went to IHOP for actual dinner with DD, DSiL, and younger DD. Ended up getting the harvest grain & nut pancakes with blueberries in them topped with bananas with egg substitute on the side. I put the promise margarine on them and had half & half in my coffee. I could only manage one pancake ... but still figured that with all that I would be WAAAAYYYY over on my calories ...

But NO! only 13! Pretty cool. I love this site ... if I had just not logged it because I thought I had done so badly ... I would have been beating myself up not knowing that really I came in just about right, cake, pancake and all.
  • Gretel
    Gretel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. I think this is why I find this site so great. Previously when it was harder to count calories on my own, I would have given up after a day like yours and eaten everything in sight until the following monday when I would have started again. Now I put everything in here on those days and it really isn't that bad. All psychological.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Well done!!

But try to remember, you do have a little bit of wiggle room, already figured into your allowed cals for the day. Don't stress yourself out over that!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    It shows you are thinking about what you are putting into your mouth...that was certainly a big change for me.

Good for you :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!