Blood Sugar

Options
I'm doing really well with eating mindfully and frequently...i eat about ever 3 hours and usually by my next mealtime i am STARVING. However, i notice i am getting sick. I am assuming it is low blood sugar as I have had attacks before. Nausea,headachy,foggy,dizzy. Now, my question is, am i getting low blood sugar because I am speeding up my metabolism? Is this a good thing? Am I burning sugar too quickly? I am not diabetic or hypoglycemic. I m doing everything right so I can only assume this is normal. How can I control this? Should I eat snacks in between?

Replies

• misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Could be low blood sugar. What are you eating at your meals?

Protein will help sustain your blood sugar at a consistent level. If you're loading up on carbs, then you could be crashing.
  • GoBanana76
    GoBanana76 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I always have a combination of carbs and protein. its so weird because when i was unhealthy i would never combine and i always felt fine. now that im being healthy this is happening. i find it to be so odd
  • kdmckenna
    Options
    Do you have a monitor to check your blood sugar? I know they can be pricey (well, the strips, not the monitor itself), but it could help you understand what is going on.

I check mine 2x a day (fasting and 1 hour after lunch) and keep it recorded in the weigh in section (I use the neck / waist measurement areas to track it). I know the days my blood sugar remains consistent the better I feel, more energy I have. On the weeks were I maintain my sugar, the more weight I lose as well.

As for the previous comments about carbs - that is correct. More protein is better for your system.