New here!

Options
Hello! I just signed up today and I'm pretty excited! My husband and I decided its really time for a lifestyle change and here I am.

I've started tons of diets and lost anywhere from 10-40lbs in the past but they get old and I quit... This time there is new motivation. We really want to be parents! I don't want to be the obese girl who couldn't get pregnant or has an unhealthy pregnancy because of my weight. I know I've felt much better at lower weights and it's time I get back there. I'm trying to be realistic, keeping in mind how I've lost weight before, and setting goals that I think are doable for me.

I'd really like to lose 90lbs. I know I can do it.. I just need help with accountability and motivation!

So with the help of you and my husband, I can do this!

Nice to meet you!

Replies

• Bub3les0
    Bub3les0 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi sounds like you have great motivation! this site is great for that. Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • tauns
    tauns Posts: 29
    Options
    This place is a GREAT GREAT place! Just make sure even when you go over calories to put in the food. Makes you accountable and in the end if you don't put it in, the only person you are cheating is yourself! You can do this! And good luck!!!
  • jessalice66
    jessalice66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    this website is amazing! after a while eating well just becomes a habit. feel free to add me!! :)
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I personally love this site. It has been a HUGE help in my weight loss so far.
    I personally hate diets. You can't lose weight and keep it off with a diet. You have to adapt to a healthier lifestyle and you have taken a huge step in doing that.

Barb
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara! Welcome to MFP! You will meet your goals here with MFP! You will find lots of friendly, supportive people. Make sure to log what you eat, exercise, drink plenty of water, and don't worry if every day is not great...we all have those days! Sounds like you have a goal, and babies are a great goal!! So nice that your hubby is doing it with you! That will make it easier too! You can cook and eat healthier together...so make sure he signs up too! Best of luck to you both! Be glad to be your friend!
  • darblij
    darblij Posts: 89
    Options
    You sure can! This site is really good for keeping you on track and it's full of motivation too....Enjoy!
  • jenhalered
    jenhalered Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im new here too Look forward to connecting with folks!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Definitely a great site!! I joine just over 2 months ago and am still loving it! I decided it was time for a permanent life style change couple years ago and was doing great until the crap hit the fan as they say. I finally got back into the same spirit and am doing and feeling great!! I want to lose 32 l;bs in total which will get me back down to 130lbs. I am 5'6" so I'll be happy there, uinless I can possibly get to 125lbs! LOL
    The logging in of food has beena huge eye opener for me!!!!!!! I am definitely more aware of what I pout into my mouth. I love logging int ehe xercise time too and seeing the calories I can consume go up! I don't eat all the burned cals though, jsut indulge in a treat when i ahve earned it with exercise!
    Feel free to add me as a friend! We can all use lots of encouragement!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Sara.
    You came to the right place for motivation and accountability. I have found MFP to be a great source of information and support. It has really helped me in losing weight, exercising, and becoming healthier, so you can definitely get a lot out of it, too.

Best of luck in getting started toward your goals, and feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • omgsayalathieo
    Options
    Hi & Welcome!! :flowerforyou:

This site is amazing when it comes to support, motivation and great tips.... good luck on your journey & feel free to add me!!
  • WashingtonGrown
    Options
    YAY! Go Sara! This is my 5th day using the site, it's super easy/user friendly. Everyone seems to very informative, helpful and very easy going. Glad you took my advice on the site, it's AmAZING.
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the welcoming words! I appreciate the immediate start and know this is the beginning!