CLA my Fat away!

Options
damonmath
damonmath Posts: 359 Member
If you have fat to lose (who doesn't) you will benefit greatly from CLA. I wasn't the biggest fan of taking pills and dieting, so the idea of a magic fat burning pill was not appealing to me. What CLA does is break up and bind with the fat in your body so that it can be flushed out. I would not have believed the results if it had not happened to me personally.

I would literally wake up and rub my skin and could feel it getting thinner and smoother. My cellulite disappeared over time.

I recommend: GNC brand "Total Lean" 2000mg CLA gel caps. I take 2 with breakfast and 2 with dinner.

I must say I love CLA and will continue to take it as a lifestyle choice :)

Replies

• EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I just ran out, was using Twinlab. Couldn't find any support in the bodybuilding or weight loss forums so I didn't plan on continuing. Are you sure it's the CLA and not your overall routine? Most of what I read says it takes months to kick in.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    If you have fat to lose (who doesn't) you will benefit greatly from CLA. I wasn't the biggest fan of taking pills and dieting, so the idea of a magic fat burning pill was not appealing to me. What CLA does is break up and bind with the fat in your body so that it can be flushed out. I would not have believed the results if it had not happened to me personally.

I would literally wake up and rub my skin and could feel it getting thinner and smoother. My cellulite disappeared over time.

I recommend: GNC brand "Total Lean" 2000mg CLA gel caps. I take 2 with breakfast and 2 with dinner.

I must say I love CLA and will continue to take it as a lifestyle choice :)

Umm, eating grass fed beef and consuming dairy from grass fed cows will yield the same results without having to spend the $$$ on the supplements.
  • Grokette
    Options
    Hmm. I just ran out, was using Twinlab. Couldn't find any support in the bodybuilding or weight loss forums so I didn't plan on continuing. Are you sure it's the CLA and not your overall routine? Most of what I read says it takes months to kick in.

I took it for about 4 or 5 months a few years ago and it didn't take long at all if your consuming the right amount of CLA.
  • damonmath
    Options
    I take 8000mg a day. That's a ton of CLA. I have lost weight before and my skin feels incredible this time as opposed to dieting alone last time.

CLA is generally sold as 1000mg gel caps, with roughly only 833mgs as actual CLA. These brands will only give you half of what I take using the GNC Total Lean brand.

It is the amount of CLA intake that will make the difference.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Grokette you sound just like my sister who is a dietitian. Why buy a supplement when you can just get it from food.

What in the heck is CLA?
  • StarletteS
    StarletteS Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I might have to look into this. I'm taking CLA, but maybe not enough....... Thanks for the input! :smile:
  • RussianLynx
    Options
    Grokette you sound just like my sister who is a dietitian. Why buy a supplement when you can just get it from food.

What in the heck is CLA?

conjugated linoleic acid.

It's an amino acid I think. I've read about it and have been taking it as a supplement, but only 2,000mg per day. I have not been taking it very long or in anywhere near the dose as the original poster. Nothing to write home about yet.
  • damonmath
    Options
    Grokette is accurate. However, given that impulse control and other factors prevent us from living perfectly, it is ok to 'supplement' what you are not getting from your food.

CLA at 2000mgs is not going to do much at all. That's good for daily maintenance, but we are talking about serious weight loss. In higher doses it makes a difference you can feel under your skin. Models use it to keep there skin looking healthy along with fish oil, and L-Carnatine (turns marbled muscle into lean muscle).

It worked for me, it's certainly does not hurt :)
  • RussianLynx
    Options
    Grokette is accurate. However, given that impulse control and other factors prevent us from living perfectly, it is ok to 'supplement' what you are not getting from your food.

CLA at 2000mgs is not going to do much at all. That's good for daily maintenance, but we are talking about serious weight loss. In higher doses it makes a difference you can feel under your skin. Models use it to keep there skin looking healthy along with fish oil, and L-Carnatine (turns marbled muscle into lean muscle).

Thanks for the info!
  • Grokette
    Options

I have had amazing results when eating Grass fed beef and consuming raw dairy from grass fed cows.............I don't eat meat from main stream grocery stores if I can help it!!!
  • damonmath
    Options
    ... After some research, determined that CLA works by converting fat stores to energy and preventing fat storage from occurring. Taken along with Flax Seed Oil, which breaks up and flushes out fat... Your body will become a fat burning machine.
  • Grokette
    Options
    ... After some research, determined that CLA works by converting fat stores to energy and preventing fat storage from occurring. Taken along with Flax Seed Oil, which breaks up and flushes out fat... Your body will become a fat burning machine.

I prefer the whole flax seed and not the oil itself............

I have started including milled flax and milled chia seeds again and my weight loss has picked up and I already eat grass fed beef, so makes perfect sense.
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    Hmmm. I might have to look into this. I'm taking CLA, but maybe not enough....... Thanks for the input! :smile:

Much over 3.5 grams per day is an overkill IMO. But anything less is not effective. I take 2 -1200mg softgels twice a day (My brand says only 1000mg of CLA per softgel) so that is why I take 4 per day.
  • angela3240
    Options
    The guy who posted this, says he takes 8000mgs a day..two soft gels twice daily. But that isn't accurate because the bottle clearly says that the serving size is 2 softgels and that is the 2000mgs. So, he'd be taking 4000mgs daily. 2000mgs with one meal, 2000mgs with the other....or am I reading that wrong poster? Sorry, I need to know, because I just got these...
  • JSClausen
    Options
    I know this is a year late, but I just started researching CLA and found this forum. You are correct, the original poster was only taking 4000mg of CLA, since the serving size for that particular supplement is 2 pills, which together is 2000 mg. I just bought some Ab Cutter to try...hopefully it works!
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. Why not eat REAL food instead if resorting to pills, powders and gimmicks? I get my CLA from grass fed free range meat and dairy.
  • mdrouillard1983
    Options
    Because WHO has the time to go around shopping for specific grass fed beef, and to consume it in enough quantity to get the amount of CLA needed daily. Same goes for many other supplements, "Why use protein power when I can eat chicken and tuna all day" - because who can carry around a tonne of chicken and tuna, or lean protein sources all day..

That statement was ridiculous, supplements are great when you don't expect too much from them but want to get some added edge or extra benefit - seems like it was said simply to sound intelligent but came off as a ridiculusly, narrow-minded and not very well thought through statement.
  • asmallerme23
    asmallerme23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started the GNC Pure Lean CLA this past week. Taking 1000mg before each main meal (so 3x day). Will see if I need to adjust a dosage since it varies depending on people's goals. So far after 4 days I have no ill effects, no stomach upset and I actually feel pretty good.
  • pushingthrough
    Options
    I was reading up on these...I saw good and bad reviews. Have you noticed any difference in your body? I don't know if you work out, I have been doing a lot of reading and it seems that it helps a lot when used in conjunction with a workout. I ordered Naturewise from Amazon but they haven't come yet. I'm nervous about taking them so will lower the dose to only one pill a day just to be on the safe side.