workout video suggestions?

Options
I am looking for some new workout videos to try. Any suggestions? I already have Turbo Jam & 30 day Shred on my list. Some dance workouts would be great. :)
thanks <3

Replies

• pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    P90x, only thing you'd ever need
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    P90X
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Those were two that I was going to suggest! :happy:
    I also liked the original Firm series with the Fanny Lifter. Some of the newed ones are ok but not great. Check out www.collagevideo.com because they have short previews of alot of their videos so you can see if you might like it or not.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    If you want more dance type workouts I would suggest Turbo Fire
  • leigh8210
    leigh8210 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    INSANITY! :) Not exactly dance moves but an awesome workout!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I"ve been using Gilad on Discovery health. He is old school but you can't deny his approach. You can try him out for free plus he has videos from what I understand.

For a slower approach I do the Leslie Sanson videos. I have the original Power 90 and while it was good it got boring, don't know about the new P90X. But I'm sure with all videos they get boring. Of course there is Denise Austin's DVD's and they have the biggest loser ones.

I know Yoga Booty Ballet which was advertised a while back sucked (imho)
  • genie18
    genie18 Posts: 2
    Options
    Beach Body insanity, pretty insane, but awesome. My favorite new workout, don't laugh, the Michael Jackson Experience for Wii. You sweat your *kitten* off and burn close to 360 calories per hour. Trust me, the hour goes by fast because it's so much fun.
  • mangos4music
    mangos4music Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i love The Firm Cardio Dance Fusion! pretty much i love anything thats from The Firm
  • Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    If you are looking for dance... try Rockin Body with Shaun T!!!!!! Its thru Beachbody, just like Turbo Jam, P90X, Turbo Fire, Insanity, etc......
  • kkss1983
    kkss1983 Posts: 2
    Options
    P90X is great, but it's pretty tough. If you're in pretty good shape I definitely recommend it! I also really enjoy doing Billy Blanks Tae Bo...I have the Billy's Bootcamp DVD's and they're a great workout and burn a good amount of calories! Good luck!
  • RussianLynx
    Options
    I tend to work out with kettlebells (I use dvds by Pavel Tsatsouline).

I'm looking to find some new dvds to switch things up. I just discovered today that a lot of Jillian Michaels stuff is available through NetFlix (as are some of the Biggest Loser workouts). So if you have NetFlix, that might be a good way to try some things out without investing any money in dvds you may not like.

P90X is something I've heard great things about, but haven't tried for myself. I'm hoping I can find someone locally who does it and ask to work out with them or borrow one of the dvds to see what it's like.
  • angelnsu21
    Options
    Zumba is awesome, you work your but off and definitely get results!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    If you haven't already, check out www.collagevideo.com You can search by the type of workout video you want, and watch short clips to make sure you'll like it ahead of time.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    check out www.bodyrock.tv :)
  • amylrach
    amylrach Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2 for the Wii is fun and a pretty good work out. It will get you sweating and your heart rate up and you'll have a good time while your at it!
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've been using Jackie Warner's Xtreme Timesaver workout DVD this last week. It's 30 min and I burn almost 80 more calories than doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Level 1. I think Jillian Michael's videos are more entertaining though.
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Zumba is really fun and it's all dancing. I loved it while I was doing it, but now I can't because my living room (where I workout at home) has carpet and you need floors with a smooth hard surface to dance around on.

I've also tried DDR (dance dance revolution) for wii, it's also fun but I could never get into it, there's a learning curve for watching the arrows on the screen and moving your feet along with them...and I'm just really bad at it, but I know there are serious die hard fans of that game...it's great cardio.