Still Hungry!

kountrygrl27
kountrygrl27 Posts: 107 Member
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok here is my problem, I eat ahealthy meal BUT I AM STILL HUNGRY!! this is where my binges take over.... what do u do when your still hungry???

Replies

• ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Try drinking a glass of water before and after the meal. Wait about 20 mins if you are still hungry have a snack..if not then no worries.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Try drinking a glass of ice cold water before your meal. Then be sure to savor your meal. Eat slowly, and even take sips of water between bites. Your body will confuse dehydration with hunger, this is where the glass of water comes in. Eating slowly or taking smaller bites is not only visually helpful, but makes you feel fuller!
  • Generally, I try to do a contradictory behavior- either brushing my teeth or chewing gum. For some reason, those help for me. If I REALLY want something, I find that I just need to do it- rather than substituting. If I substitute, a lot of times, a small craving that could have been satisfied risks becoming a binge when I ate everything else just to end up having that one cookie anyway.

Gum helps me a ton.

Good luck!
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    It's protein that fills you up, have some houmous, cottage cheese or a milky drink. I have some days like today when I could graze all day and I have gone over today for the first time in a month - annoying. Good luck
  • charity94
    charity94 Posts: 5 Member
    I keep a bag of baby carrots and sliced peppers along with a glass of water on the island of my kitchen. If I walk in thinking I want a snack the carrots are right in front of me for a quick crunch--it keeps me from heading to the cupboard for chips.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    I had a very large spinach salad at lunch with tuna but was still starved, I believe the tuna didn’t have enough protein to keep me full compared to chicken breast. I just had one of my Kellogg’s Fiber granola bars I keep in my desk for emergencies. This puts me at 1350 cals for the day (dinner is calculated) but I feel so much better now and focused.

I will be at the gym tonight burning 500+ cals so my net is <900 so it was a good move I ate it.

Keep almonds and granola bars in your office at work in case of an emergency so you don't go to the McDonalds downstairs for a muffin or 2/$1.39 pies - gross fattening!
  • Oh my goodness! I have been on this site for like 8 months and it took me a good 6 months to where I wasn't starving ALL THE TIME. I have found that things like nuts, hummus with veggies, sugar-free jello puddings, low sodium deli meats, protein shakes, and eating slow help. I also figured out that for me, I wasn't eating enough protein to stay full. I always go over the protein reccomendations now, but I stay fuller. And regardless of what the "suggest fat reccomendation" is, not all fat is bad and it helps you stay fuller longer. Just experiment with different types of foods and find out what works best for your body.
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    2 things--
    1. I've noticed that if I have broccolie or cauliflower, I can have a big serving for a small number of calories-- and it's very filling.
    2. When I want to snack-- the 94% fat-free microwave popcorn from Target (Market Pantry) is great and the entire bag is less than 100 calories. Really fills you up.
  • Is it that your hungry or is it that you don't feel full. After a meal you should feel content, not full. This took me a long time to get used to. I always thought you should feel full all the time, and that's what got me to 250 lbs. After making this correction, I lost 76 lbs and I felt so much better. It really is a mind thing.
  • I agree with the popcorn idea. Also try the low fat pudding snacks and Cool Whip. Sometimes when I crave sweet things, I will just buy the light Reddi Whip, squeeze some into a bowl, and eat it like ice cream~crazy I know, but it suffices.
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Drink water.....take a walk.....get on the phone....anything to keep me from binging. I also concentrate on the goals I have for myself and what bingeing would do to all the hard work I've already done.
  • kountrygrl27
    kountrygrl27 Posts: 107 Member
    Thank you for the tips I will deffinatly put them to use...guiess I need to make a trip to the grocery now.
  • kategizella
    kategizella Posts: 4 Member
    I always tell myself "Nothing Tastes as Good as HEALTHY Feels", I repeat this to myself whenever I feel like splurging, it's just not worth it, I hate the guilt after a binge, I hope that saying can help you too.
This discussion has been closed.