Heart rate monitors! <3

Options
I need recommendations! I've heard they're the best way to calculate the true amount of calories you burn and to help you exercise without over exhausting yourself :) I'm not looking to spend hundred maybe $150 tops? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I had a basic polar one... unfortunately it crapped out on me yesterday. Now I'm in the market for a new one... hopefully with some bells & whistles on it.

I know a lot of people rave about the Polar brand (like the F7). I'm interested in seeing what everyone has to say.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    The FT4 is a very popular one for women around here...Right now it's on sale at Amazon for $60.69!

That's a great deal!!

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-FT4F-Heart-Monitor-Watch/dp/B0031ZK84E
  • shugamuffin
    shugamuffin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just got one for my birthday. It's a Timex Ironman. I've used it for almost a week and i'm digging it. I've also heard good things on the Polar. I just went to Amazon and looked at all the reviews. Mine was around $70.
  • dawnkitchen
    dawnkitchen Posts: 161
    Options
    I have a Timex Personal Trainer that I got for $50 something on Amazon about two months ago. I love it!
  • earock
    earock Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You might want to keep an eye out on www.steapandcheap.com for deals on heart rate monitors. I just bought three for my wife, sister, and a friend for $22.00 each. Whatever you end up buying though, make sure that it's one that comes with a chest strap that continuously sends a signal to your watch. I use mine every workout and it's very effective at helping me track my calorie burn and target zones. I highly recommend one...
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and love it! It was cool to even use it in water aerobics class last week.
  • sethulrich
    Options
    I use a Polar heart rate monitor. I don't think they make my particular model any more, but it cost just over $100 new. They have several offerings in your price range, and I'm sure you could find one to meet your needs.
  • bluehooked
    bluehooked Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I use a polar as well and am very pleased with it.
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I Use Polar FT4 too!
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have a Suunto M2.. I'm not sure what the Polar chest strap is like, but the Suunto plastic piece is smaller than the Timex one, which was a huge selling feature for me. Plus, the Polars are not especially attractive, and I wear my Suunto out as a watch a lot of the time. More pricey than that Polar listed on Amazon though for sure!!
  • RussianLynx
    Options
    I have the Polar F11, which I love. The orange one (my favorite color anyway) is $109 on Amazon. I think there's a lot of price variation between colors though.

Mine is cute enough that I wear it as a watch on a daily basis.

I find the chest strap very comfortable. I wasn't sure I'd be okay with wearing one while exercising, but I honestly forget it's there. It really is that comfy.