Trail mix

Options
I had some oatmeal for breakfast and had a decent workout. Then I got home and overdosed on trail mix. I mean the trail mix is healthy. Its all natural Almonds, Walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and vanilla granola. But I know I had way to much and probably ruined my calorie intake for the day.

I seem to do this a lot, I generally eat healthy, but I eat way to much of it.

Anyone have this problem and if so what are some tips to stop the madness.

Replies

• cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Did you count your extra calories from your workout? you may not have blown your numbers for the day.

Don't worry :wink: You got it!!!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    What works for me.....I do not buy or keep trail mix in the house. I know I can't eat the correct portion. Another thing I do is change my routine. After a work out I have taken to treating myself to a non-cal drink or working on the computer. I won't allow myself to eat while on the computerl.

Good luck.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Yep I can easily do it with trail mix. Love the stuff. I make a point of weighing it now, 25gms and no more.
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Preportion it out into snack size baggies or little tupperware containers, when you crave some grab one of the preportioned packages and allow yourself to eat only that!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I measuring everything...it also might help if you put the items in single serving containers...trail mix into small zip lock bags...so you know the calorie count before you eat! Then you can decide if you want one or two servings and still monitor your calories!
  • Chitownblue
    Options
    Yeah I got to add an extra 700 calories, but I'm not even sure how to track my calories from the trail mix. I have no idea what I had of each item.

I hate to guess but if I had to I would say I have about 1000 calories remaining and its only 2:45 where I live.
  • omgsayalathieo
    Options
    I have the same issue when it comes to Skinny Cow Ice Cream...being that ice cream is my vice(aka secret love:heart: ) once I found a healthier alternative I went CRAZY....it took me a while to shake it but I would eat the serving I'm suppose to eat then go far away from the kitchen..or do something that requires a lot of time.

You'll get it!! Just stay away from the Trail Mix :smile:
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Preportion it out into snack size baggies or little tupperware containers, when you crave some grab one of the preportioned packages and allow yourself to eat only that!

Ditto! I always try to measure out a serving size, or those 100 calorie packs of almonds are great too.
  • torrtorrr
    torrtorrr Posts: 33
    Options
    you sound just like me! I eat really healthy pretty much all of the time, but I eat soo much of it. I'm more of a quantity not quality eater, so i'd rather eat a ton of something really healthy than eat something small that has a lot of calories packed into it. It's tough, but even though trailmix and hummus and stuff like that is healthy, the portion sizes are crazy small. I would say just try and stay away from it and maybe throw some almonds onto a big healthy salad to stretch the amount :)