What do you think of treadmill 'peepers'?

Options
13»

Replies

• joeg51
    joeg51 Posts: 3
    Options
    I peep with envy, I have a heart condition and can only walk but I do it for an hour
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    [/quote] Aw, I'm really sorry. I didn't intend it as a "make fun of others on the treadmill" thing, but purely to see if I was odd for doing it and odd for looking for competition. I guess I just get motivated by others. Please don't feel like you can't go to the gym. I don't judge anyone, there will always be someone stronger, skinnier, prettier, hipper, taller, etc than me. Big hugs!! I know it sounds totally wonky, but if you believe you look good exercising, then you WILL. :wink: [/quote]

The above was supposed to be in quotes (not working for me today..

Don't be sorry, I was speaking from personal experience. I am sorry, I didn't mean that anyone here does that - I think that it is going to be funny to someone and I will be at home. I get the motivation aspect of it. Please don't be sorry - I get it..... I just had to vent my feelings :wink: all good here...
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Let 'em look! LOL. I find that there are 2 kinds of "peepers"

1. People who need to see that they are doing better than someone else to motivate themselves (snotty peepers, shall we say...)
    2. People are genuinely curious. Some people look around trying to watch people who look like they know what they are doing trying to figure out what THEY are supposed to be doing or for new ideas. Especially if you're doing something unusual looking, (adding punches or going backwards, doing treadmill pull-ups) you can definitely expect some curious peepers haha.

When I was going to the gym, I was always looking at what people were doing, it was more of the people working with trainers and doing crazy stuff, I was very curious! I wouldn't look over to the next treadmill though to see what speed and all they were doing, I knew I was just a walker and I was fine with that. lol.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'm a subtle peeper.. I can't help but compare myself to others. If I am going faster, it gives me more motivation to keep kicking butt. If I'm going slower, it gives me a goal to reach.

Now, the man with the long legs going 9mph for an hour straight.. Goal dismissed. ;)
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Haha! Yuck. But I rarely run on a treadmill anymore, so I don't have to worry about treadmill "issues." Being outside is so much better. The only caveat is when it's too icy or snowy outside to run.
    I thought this was going to be a post about the creepy men that pretend to exercise on the bikes behind the treadmills to 'peep' at all the women in running shorts. ;)
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    yep i peep. well i do almost 3 hr at a time on it every day so there is realy nothing to do but look around. i set my tm and cover everything but cal and dis. not to stop people but when you have 99min to go seeing it sucks. but i belive tm are made for everyone to see the numbers or they would not be so danm big. i think if they took the roof off the gym people in the space station would see it. i know we all do it. but to look and to stare is two different things
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    Haha! Yuck. But I rarely run on a treadmill anymore, so I don't have to worry about treadmill "issues." Being outside is so much better. The only caveat is when it's too icy or snowy outside to run.

well then you have eveyone looking at you not your numbers. lol
  • Trjlove
    Trjlove Posts: 28
    Options
    I say whatever keeps you motivated!!!! Peek on!!!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I own a treadmill so I have no one to peep. I have been on one at the gym though.

I've never noticed anyone peeping and I never peep. I could care less. That's just me though.

I do giggle a bit when I see people "win" the treadmill war of who can go faster/longer. I actually do a full body circuit that has about four 3 minute intervals of cardio. So I might jump on the treadmill (of bike, or elliptical, or whatever) and go pretty hard for 3 minutes then move on to my next strength training exercise. So, I guess people are "beating" me all the time :)