Injury, any ways to lose calories without moving much?

Options
my leg got injured today and i cannot do much exercise, is there any excercises i could do which does not involve alot of movement ?

Replies

• bathori
    bathori Posts: 33
    Options
    Just eat less.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    the calories mfp allocated for you will let you lose weight without exercising, just be sure you've set your lifestyle as sedentary i believe *S*
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    Upper body cardio like punches will help :) Won't burn a whole lot but enough to get your heart pumping for a bit. Try holding weights as you punch. :)
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    On the 30 day shred workout Jillian says if you have a lower body injury you can still burn fat and workout by standing with knees slightly bent (if possible) and punching the air in front of you slightly crossing over the body. Maybe you could help it along by holding light weight in your hands whilst you do it?!?!?

Just keep an eye on your eating more than normal too :)
  • heidicat
    heidicat Posts: 2
    Options
    Upper body movement or weights? I have a knee injury at the moment and its quite frustrating not to be able to burn off much... I am doing stretching and slow pace stuff like cleaning/polishing using arms. Its quite useful just to add up the little things.
  • jadenmom
    jadenmom Posts: 2
    Options
    You can try morning banana diet.
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    As other have said, upper body exercises....shoulder rolls/punches/windmills/ cross body punches/arm bicycling...increase speed for cardio and add weights for strengthening. Continue to use other leg as you can.....laying down (using good leg) : bike with one leg/ knee to elbow/leg lifts...alter regular floor exercises to do with one leg..... Depending on injury, you may find a pillow rolled under knee of affected leg for support helps when doing floor exercises.
    I even used stationary bike with affected leg resting a little to side on chair with pillows...it can be done.
    Hope heal soon.:smile: