30 Day Shred -- what do I enter??

Options
What kind of exercise do I enter JM's 30-day shred under? Circuit training? Beating-me-like-a-dirty-carpet? What do you enter it under?

Replies

• Poehlerbear1983
    Options
    LMAO! I dont know the answer but you sure made me laugh with the beating me like a dirty carpet comment! I have been doing her boost your metabolism one and that just about kills me. But if you find the answer let me know because I dont know what to put for mine either so i under estimate and say I just did walking but i know i burned more calories then that.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I google the estimated calorie burn and it said 180-215 calories for a fit person. A fit person was around 150-160lbs. That's just what I read.
  • mustang3
    mustang3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I used to enter it under curcuit training (general). I have a HRM now so i adjust the calories burned as needed. However curcuit training is pretty close.
  • Marcellus_08
    Options
    HAHAHAHA. Your question was awesome. I was actually wondering the same thing tho. I got a hear rate monitor in the mail and it was only $40.00 if you have the extra money maybe get one. :) good luck:)
  • kbdelarosa
    kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I enter 7 minutes of high intensity cardio and 14 minutes of circuit training. It doesn't burn alot of calories...but I try to remind myself when I do strength training, I continue to burn after I put the weights down.
  • MotorMowth
    Options
    LOL! I tried the DVD Saturday. I cried. Yeah...for real...just like those people on the Biggest Loser. My legs still haven't recovered. I'm going to tackle that lady's *kitten*-buster again NEXT week. At least now I know what I'm in for. :-) I also use Circuit Training to log.
  • CrazyC8
    CrazyC8 Posts: 16
    Options
    I put it under Circuit Training. You could also put it under Calisthenics...the MFP calculations for both turn out the same.
  • jodimitchell
    jodimitchell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have a hrm, I did that ridiculous form of torture yesterday and it was 225 cal..
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I enter my under circuit training......it's not a lot of calories...which sucks because she kicks my butt.......on day 8 level 1 and still feels like I am working my butt off!!!
  • amaymorrison
    Options
    I wonder if an unfit person would burn more?
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I created my own exercise name for 30 Day Shred and then I use my heart rate monitor to enter the calories burned.

It is a great video and after a couple days, your legs feel better! Really!!
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I'm saving my pennies for an HRM now. I needed to save up to get this sadistic video and some weights. Now that I have this, I'll continue to assault my body and record it under circuit training until then.

BTW--perhaps a fit person really does burn 150-250 calories doing this. I'm not a fit person. I'm sedentary and slothful. And heavy. I think my children were fearing for me, and at one point I had to stop because I thought I was going to throw up. Had Jillian truly been in my living room, she would have been disappointed I didn't actually hurl.

But then maybe she wouldn't have kept referring to me as 'ladies'.
  • avninjalette123
    avninjalette123 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I enter the cardio parts, like push ups, sit up,jumping jacks, jogging in place(for the buttkicks), Jumping rope. Then I enter strength training for the lunges, squats, and everything you do with the barbell. If you do the math you can figure it out. It's three circuits, each with 3 miuntes of strength, two minutes of cardio and one minute of abs. If you brake it all down you can get the calories from cardio, but it doesn't add the strength I estimate about 100 cals for the strength not added. I used a HRM and it only said I burned 30 cals. THAT"S CRAZYNESS! lol
  • TabbyJustice
    TabbyJustice Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I actually created a new exercise and named it "Jillian Michaels 30DS". That way it says what I did and I can enter my own calorie information/time.
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Sometimes...I wish I could pull her through my TV and use her for a sweat towel.......LOL!!! I am the one who talks back to the TV.....sounds a little on the crazy side....but I guess that is how I get through it!!!

Best of luck to you!!!
  • kbdelarosa
    kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I did it without the video today. I wrote down the exercises and did them while watching the Today show. Just couldn't take her voice today "Hey buddy"...Ugh.

ShunkyDave....you are hilarious!
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I just did Banish Fat Boost Metabolism the other day with my heart monitor. I have been doing this workout on and off for about a year, but just finally got a heart monitor. I said I burned 419 calories during the 54 minutes. I'm 115lbs, but my husband is 230 and he burns about 700 calories when he does....so you may be able to gage how much you burn according to your weight.
  • Capone007
    Capone007 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    According to my HRM, I burn an average of 200 in the 28 minutes, no matter what part it is. Today I did 206, but tomorrow I may only do 192. I am 5'3" and I would say I am fit, just not toned enough and need to get rid of the last 10-15 lbs. I can definitely tell that my body is changing, my hubby is loving my arms, ha ha! I also only do 5 days of each one because I get bored to tears quickly (I'll be going back around them again, I just can't do 10 straight days of the same thing).

Basically, I would think you are definitely burning more than 200...as long as you are not quitting at any point and giving it your all.
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I'm saving my pennies for an HRM now. I needed to save up to get this sadistic video and some weights. Now that I have this, I'll continue to assault my body and record it under circuit training until then.

BTW--perhaps a fit person really does burn 150-250 calories doing this. I'm not a fit person. I'm sedentary and slothful. And heavy. I think my children were fearing for me, and at one point I had to stop because I thought I was going to throw up. Had Jillian truly been in my living room, she would have been disappointed I didn't actually hurl.

But then maybe she wouldn't have kept referring to me as 'ladies'.
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    oops-
    I was laughing too hard at your post!!! I have had her 5 DVD workouts for a while and i am awaiting the 30 day shred in the mail now...
    I am fearful after hearing what everyone has to say about this!!! I too will have to purchase a HRM and see how bad she kills me!