Why am I SOOO TIRED!!!!!!!!

Options
Okay so everything I've heard or read says that excersizing increases your energy.....well I say bull! LOL! I am sooo tired after I work out! I've been working out for about 2.5 months now pretty regular. At least 3-4 days at the gym and then 30 mins of treadmill at home on weekend days.......where is my ENERGY! I need ENERGY!!! LOL

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Have you had any actual rest days? Constant workouts catch up from time to time, as it is with me today. And how is your calorie intake? You may need to eat a bit more for fuel.
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    R U EATING ENOUGH??
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    You don't mention anything about calorie intake. It is important to have at least one rest day during the week. Your body has to recuperate from all the punishment it's endured. You could be low on sugars or proteins if you are not meeting your calorie goal. Just a thought,.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Try having some protein about 30 min to an hour before your workout ... It has really helped me (and my 77 year old mom). We eat the Clif bars. But there are lots of protein bars out there with different calorie amounts.
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    Make sure you have some form of protein within 30 minutes from your workout... Also getting B complex vitamins should help... This is what I was told... It has made some difference I dont see myself getting as tired as I was. ;) Best of luck!

~nisha rae
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    R U EATING ENOUGH??

agreed - I would look into that as well. How much water do you drink - guzzle the stuff all day.

how about a good multi-vitamin, vitamin D, B complex, those will also help.

if you are working out hard, you should be tired after your workout, but you should also feel good following this and not be totally dragging all day. I would look at your food and cal's and the other stuff I mentioned. if this doesn't work, check in with your doc
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I just want to go to bed after a workout and the harder it is, the more I want to sleep. I've always been that way. *shrugs* it might just be what it is - but don't let it stop you; you might want to change when you workout though. If it makes you sleepy like ti does me, then an hour before bed might be better suited to you.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Have you had any actual rest days? Constant workouts catch up from time to time, as it is with me today. And how is your calorie intake? You may need to eat a bit more for fuel.

She said she normally works out 3-4 days... since there's 7 days in a week, my assumption would be she's getting a rest day. :laugh:
  • arsmith78
    arsmith78 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I am eating enough because I just don't see how I'd lose anything if I was eating more. LOL. I usually rest on Wednesdays and I only do 30 minutes of treadmill on Sat and Sun so I don't think that is too strenuous. It's just weird that I am so tired all the time. I get up around 6:00am each morning and use to go to bed around 11:00pm, so I have tried to do better and get to bed at least by 10:00pm the last week or so but that doesn't seem to help either.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    You might be pregnant. :) LOL jk.. sorry I'm newly pregnant and I've wanted to do nothing but sleep the last month or so.
  • texas3step
    Options
    I was going through the same thing! I started taking multiple vitamins and making sure I was getting extra iron and it seemed to help me. I had tried the protien and making sure I was eating enough so I wasn't sure what else to try. I talked to my trainer and she suggested adding the vitamins. I hope that you can find something that works for you!
  • arsmith78
    arsmith78 Posts: 14
    Options
    Haha! @ prashley - if I am, I am suing my OBGYN! LOL!

I think I may look into getting protein bars like a few posters suggested and some daily vitamins. :-)
  • ATBC
    ATBC Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm just getting started and I have to admit that I am as lazy as they come. I hope I have enough energy to do what you have committed to doing in your original post. I know that if you have come this far you can go further! Have your metabolism check and stay hydrated. I also agree with our MFP family, try to get more rest.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    You don't mention anything about calorie intake. It is important to have at least one rest day during the week. Your body has to recuperate from all the punishment it's endured. You could be low on sugars or proteins if you are not meeting your calorie goal. Just a thought,.

Make sure you're getting enough iron too. If your blood's iron is too low, it can cause all sorts of problems; fatigue being one of them. I was having a similar problem. No matter how much sleep I got, I was ALWAYS tired, and never had the energy for a work out. But lately I've been tracking my iron intake and trying to eat more iron rich foods. I'm definately noticing a difference. I don't know if it's the iron alone, or a combo of things, but it's a thought.

http://www.bing.com/health/article/mayo-125838/Iron-deficiency-anemia?q=anemia&qpvt=anemia
  • bouldert
    bouldert Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i understand exactly what you mean.i have been sick twice in less than 2 months why is my immune system and energy levels down.but i have also seen small improvements elsewhere.just keep plugging away soon you will notice in different ways.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    What are your current stats and how many calories are you taking in?
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

She said she normally works out 3-4 days... since there's 7 days in a week, my assumption would be she's getting a rest day. :laugh:

Heh. Math aside, I ask because my "rest days" are non-existent. They usually comprise of just doing less calorie burns, but they're still pretty intense. And my massive burns are what I consider my workout days. Hence, my original question of "actual" rest days. :tongue:
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Haha! @ prashley - if I am, I am suing my OBGYN! LOL!

I think I may look into getting protein bars like a few posters suggested and some daily vitamins. :-)

I stress the vitamins. I take a multivitamin (prenatal for my iron) but also a B-12 and Vitamin C. I go to bed at 9 and get up at 4 and used to be extremly tired but as long as I am taking my vitamins I am better.
  • terrivision
    terrivision Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I agree with some of the other post. Vitamins, protein (you can use a post-work shake also), and eat at minimum 1200 a day. You may also want to make a doctor's appointment to have your iron checked. If the iron in your blood is low, that would cause you to become tired more quickly than when your iron is at a normal level.