25 y/o female- 134 lbs. 5'5"

Options
dalscruf
dalscruf Posts: 30 Member
Losing 10 lbs would be great but obviously I don't NEED to so I would at least like to tone up and lose a few inches. Looking for people similar to me to compare with and share ideas/motivation. =)

Replies

• sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I am a 27 y/o female 147 lbs and want to be where you are now :)
  • Dutchgirly
    Dutchgirly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    my goal weight is 120lbs at 5'6"
  • bolton05
    bolton05 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    28 y/o--123lbs 5'4....I'm changing my body composition which changed after 2 babies. Trying to lose fat, and replace it with muscle. So, I play a balacing act of gaining muscle and weight (from muscle) and then slim down to ensure I'm losing fat. So, it's p90X cardio/plyo's/kenpo...strength training three times a week (both weights/and body weight). And extra cardio when I can... It's a slower, healthier process.
  • ngoat
    ngoat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    25 y/o - 128lbs 5'6" .. i want to lose some lbs. put i really want to tone up/eat better
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Check out this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/113609-relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner

LOADS of information for those of us with not too much to lose.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hi.:) Started at something like 134, and down to 127.75 now. I want to tone up and lose body fat more than purely weight, though. I'll add you.
  • dalscruf
    Options
    Okay, so you all that have lost weight.. how did you do it? I work 6 days a week, 8-5 in an office and then evenings at a spa (Massage Therapist so by appointment only, hours are 4-8 but i'm not always there that late). I get 2- 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch so I try to squeeze in at least 2 walks during the day, weather pending. On March 1st, I started the 30 day shred (this is my 2nd attempt- the first time I pushed myself too hard and ended up getting a pinched nerve), I've done it everyday except yesterday, i didn't get home til 8:30 and still had stuff to eat supper and do things around the house (2 dogs and my fiance is currently working 7 days a week, 10 hours shifts, an hour and a half away), so I guess I had a good excuse for missing a day. As far as eating goes, since I just started tracking on here last week I was over by 50-150 every day. I had some left yesterday (which was also a good excuse for skipping the 30DS) and today I shouldn't go over. I've noticed a (good) difference in my body compared to last week but weight stayed the same (which I guess is good, at least it didn't go up) and I lost and gained some inches here and there. I was 110 in 2005 when I met my fiance (I mostly blame him for the weight gain lol). I know i'm at a healthy weight but from being the girl who never gained weight to now being afraid to step on the scale, I'd like to try to lose about 10 lbs just so I can say 135 was my highest weight. Trying to stay motivated for March so when I (hopefully by summer) quit my desk job to do Massage full time, I will be in better shape and have more free time and it won't be so hard to stick with it. :)
  • ngoat
    ngoat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i think the majority of my weight loss (not that it is much by any means) so far has been from reducing my calories. I was definatly eating too much and well frankly never exercising. At about this same time in 08.. About Dec to April I lost about 25 lbs. getting around 115.. then I did turbo jam and reduced my calories.. I have since put some of the weight back on and have decided to go at it again.. Same things.. calories and turbo jam.. i feel like i hit a plateau lately so i added the 30 day shred... on week 2. my eating as not been so hot this past week and i am definatly building muscle with the shred so the scale hasn't moved but I have faith and I am trying not to focus on the scale so much but it is hard.

so in a nut shell... eating less/healthier and excersing.. same as most on here.. it just takes longer.. be patient :)
  • Barelmy
    Options
    For me, it was just paying attention to what I was eating. Once I became aware of that and began tracking it, it was relatively easy to stay under.

It might be easier to offer specific advice if your diary was public, or viewable to friends. Generally, though, avoid overly processed foods and drinking your calories.
  • jess_steich7
    Options
    Hello,

I am basically in the same boat as you (5'5" 130) so I'd love it if we could keep each other accountable and motivate each other :)
  • megarrett87
    Options
    I'm right where you are. I want to get my weight in check before it gets too out of hand. I just joined this sight but it is so much better than anything I have used before. It is so easy to log food and keep track of calories in and calories out. Good luck getting to your goal! :)
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm almost exactly the same as you. I'm a little shorter, and therefore fatter though. haha,

I found the hugest difference was my calorie intake. I am super active but never ever cared about what I ate. Being on here and logging my food - with a calorie LIMIT did crazy things for my body.
  • dalscruf
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Geez it's kinda hard keeping up with everyone and I've only been coming online for a few days :) My food diary is now viewable by friends. I've been doing decent with food- Just have to watch my sodium and sugar intake. It's a little hard to be mindful of these things though since i'm always working. I'm always on the go so I never have time to prepare anything decent. I know I definitely need to stop doing cereal for breakfast because til I add that and my orange juice, i'm already over in sugar!! I've had this sore throat since Monday night and so far no other symptoms so I'm thinking it's because of my chronic fatigue. Tonight is my only night off from work so I'm going to try to do next to nothing, I don't want to give up on the 30DS though. Cannot wait to quit my desk job so I can stop working more than 40 hours a week! I'm gonna check my measurements tonight since today I'm wearing a size small sweater that I bought months ago and it was too snug, now it fits with room to breathe! yay! Hope everyone else is doing good.
  • Barelmy
    Options
    Are you sure you're not trying to lose weight too fast? I'm only aiming for half a pound a week.