business travel weight gain.....trying to calm down

Options
Ayiyiyiyi....three weeks of wine/dine clients and 4 lbs up!!! What is frustrating is that I worked out extra hard to try and balance the guaranteed calorie increase. Arg. Well, focus is back on and glad I'll have a few weeks to get back to normal.

Replies

• foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I completely understand!!! When you eat out 3 meals a day, it's pretty much impossible to even maintain! I usually have to double up workouts when I go away, and then be SO careful when I'm eating, and STILL maybe just break even.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Could possibly just be water. Up your water intake over the next couple of days. I gained 4 this weekend and lost 4 yesterday.
  • Sherylp77
    Sherylp77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If your flying, then the weight gain might be water and salt weight. It happens to me all the time and here is some tricks i follow:

No excess Salt
    No Soda (even diet)
    No Sugar sweets or desserts
    I drink a gallon of water each day
    I drink only red wine when traveling if possible
    I eat salads with no more than 1 tbl of dressing with low salt

Good Luck!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    I would suggest looking up the nutritional info on the restraunt you are going to and find the best choices, then when you go out dont look at the menu just go with your choice. And dont drink alcohol drink water with lemon or ice tea with lemon. This has really helped me with eating out and after awhile you will know which restraunts have the best choices and what to order. You can do it and continue working out, maybe even try to get in a little more exercise. Check and see if the motel has a fitness room
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Trying not to go off course when travelling with work is so difficult! I try and not go crazy at the "all you can eat" style breakfasts at hotels. And if you are having three course dinners, don't feel like you have to eat all of every course.

How do you fit in exercise when you are away?

L
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I can relate. Went to SC just for the WEEKEND and went up a couple of pounds. It really does matter what/how we eat. Maybe if you know you're going to be with clients for dinner, but not breakfast or lunch, you can take it easy on those meals. You will figure something out. It's a process. Continue to practice making good decisions and you'll surpass that 4 lbs in no time.
  • mrwseattle
    Options
    I book workouts early in the morning to jump start the day. Thanks for your feedback.
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm a consultant and can completely commiserate

I try to save calories for dinner and cut down drinking
  • mrwseattle
    Options
    You were right!!!! The scale was just messing with me. All normal again :-)
    I think a high sodium dinner the night prior, plus whatever hormones were flaring at the time I stepped on the scale were the probably culprits.
  • mrwseattle
    Options
    All GREAT tips.... curious...why only red wine? What's up with white? Higher sugar content?