Graham Crackers??

Options
i really want to make the pumpkin cheese cake today .. but i have no idea what a graham cracker is.. im from australia and we don't have that cracker.. is there any thing else i can use that is kinda the same??

Replies

• annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I thought grahm crackers were international! Anyhoo...they do make a crust(in the US at least) that's in a tin that you can find in a store. Also, 'Nilla Wafers can be a good substitute. Not sure calorie wise if they're the same or not.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    They're unknown here in the Uk too!

I think they're digestive biscuits - that would make sense in a cheesecake recipe.
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    You poor poor Aussie =( Graham crackers are one of lifes simple pleasures! Does this mean you've never had a s'more either?!!?
  • ematagi
    ematagi Posts: 9
    Options
    try arrow root biscuit, that might come close
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    yep, digestive biscuits
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Graham Crackers are a sweet cookie type cracker, commonly used for crusts and desserts in US. I feel sad you have never experienced that wonderful little treat of Smores and numerous other yummies made with gramham crackers. Crushed lady finger cookies are a good crust or some recipes use ground nuts with a little flour and butter.
  • mini_girl7
    mini_girl7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    OK people -- you have to admit the US "graham cracker" sounds so much more appetizing than UK "digestive biscuit" -- when the pilgrims came to America, we said sorry only grahams here -- gotta leave the digestive biscuits back in the homeland :o)

Not being helpful in regards to the question, I realize, just a bit of sarcasm -- good luck with the cheesecake!
  • MaYhAmE101
    Options
    no i have never had a s'more :sad:
    ok so would the arrowroot bicky be as close to calories as a graham cracker?? humm i should go an do search .
    thanks everyone..
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    ok so would the arrowroot bicky be as close to calories as a graham cracker?? humm i should go an do search .
    thanks everyone..

You should get some graham crackers shipped to you asap. Smores are like heaven!
  • MaYhAmE101
    Options
    ok cool i seen the pic of a graham cracker ..
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    you could substitute vanilla wafers.
  • MaYhAmE101
    Options
    thanks everyone..

You should get some graham crackers shipped to you asap. Smores are like heaven!

lol... now thats an idea lol.. but i dought i will lol...
  • MaYhAmE101
    Options
    A rectangular-shaped, whole-wheat cracker that has been sweetened with honey or molasses.
    Substitutions: Substitute with plain cookie such as vanilla wafers, shortbread, ginger snaps, Marie biscuits, digestive biscuits (British)

ok found this .. so thanks every one :) for your help
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    good luck
  • catmandoodle
    Options
    Digestive biscuits are so much better than graham crackers. What kind of crust do you use for cheesecake in the UK and Austrailia.
  • MaYhAmE101
    Options
    Digestive biscuits are so much better than graham crackers. What kind of crust do you use for cheesecake in the UK and Austrailia.

i usually use arrowroot biscuits for most of mine or choco ripple biscuits
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Where does the "digestive" part of digestive biscuits come from? I'm an American and saw these in the "British" isle at the grocery store, and thought it was really weird that it was called "digestive".
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    Sorry, your post just made me LOL
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    :( I can't believe that!! No s'mores?!?! Idk what I would do!