Miso Broth

Options
I thought I'd share this, as I'd recently bought some white miso paste and had no clue what to do with it!

Miso Broth Recipe
Fresh ginger - thinly sliced
4 tablespoons of yellow, red or white miso paste
Thinly sliced vegetables (I found that carrot, peppers, spring onion, mushrooms and small bits of broccoli worked nicely)
Soy sauce to taste

Bring roughly 1 liter of water with the thinly sliced ginger in to the boil
Reduce the heat and add the miso paste
Add in the vegetables (you can stir fry them quickly first as well, depending on how you like your vegetables)
Simmer for 3-4 minutes
Add soy sauce (if you're using it, if not just simmer for 5 minutes instead of 3-4) and simmer for another minute
Serve

You can also add rice noodle, udon noodles, beansprouts - whatever you like really :happy:

Happy eating!

Replies

• Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm, Miso <3
    Thanking you for this lovely info!
  • Emilyanne6081
    Options
    thank you thank you!
  • Dustybenbear
    Options
    That sounds great! This is a lot like my "going-out-with-friends" meal.
    Whenever I can, I try to get friends to choose Thai places for dinner, because I can always order Tom Yum soup (lightly spicy lemon grass soup) with either chicken or shrimp and then get a side of steamed veggies to add in. Its surprisingly filling and is few enough calories I can indulge in cocktail with my friends afterwards.

(Be sure to order the regular Tom Yum, I've noticed a lot of Thai places serving it with noodles lately, which I'm sure is yummy, but not super low calorie)
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    sounds yum...
  • UmbraForzare
    Options
    That sounds great! This is a lot like my "going-out-with-friends" meal.
    Whenever I can, I try to get friends to choose Thai places for dinner, because I can always order Tom Yum soup (lightly spicy lemon grass soup) with either chicken or shrimp and then get a side of steamed veggies to add in. Its surprisingly filling and is few enough calories I can indulge in cocktail with my friends afterwards.

(Be sure to order the regular Tom Yum, I've noticed a lot of Thai places serving it with noodles lately, which I'm sure is yummy, but not super low calorie)

Hmm, Tom Yum soup sounds delicious - now I'm on a mission to find a recipe for that!
    I've conquered Mandarin Beef, Chicken Satay and now I shall conquer Tom Yum :laugh:
  • Dustybenbear
    Options
    You can do it! :)
  • KLiK3xs
    KLiK3xs Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Miso soup with Baby clams....... mmmmm