Vegan/Vegetarians and weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have another question ... sorry if it's too much information ... so I switched to being a vegetarian a week ago and have been really bloated and gasy ever since. Does anyone else have that problem? I'm not consuming a ton a dairy although I do still have come of it in my diet. I'm not sure why the weird side affects, I thought I would be feeling better?

it might because you have increased fiber intake and/or intake of gas-producing products (broccoli, beans etc).
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have another question ... sorry if it's too much information ... so I switched to being a vegetarian a week ago and have been really bloated and gasy ever since. Does anyone else have that problem? I'm not consuming a ton a dairy although I do still have come it might because you have increased fiber intake and/or intake of gas-producing products (broccoli, beans etc).
    of it in my diet. I'm not sure why the weird side affects, I thought I would be feeling better?

Will this last forever or does your system adapt? I thought I would feel great after cutting out meat, but this is horrible, even though I'm losing weight I feel huge!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
  • Britney8328
    Options
    I also have been Vegetarian for 2 years, really screwed that up all last month and started eating meat again BUT I'm back on it and going for Vegan. I found that when i started being a vegetarian I felt AMAZING one because i was much healthier and two i wasn't harming any animals, i also lost 15lbs and got smaller then i've ever been . Im no animal activist but idk how any one can eat a hamburger after watching peta video LOL. This last month when i was incorporating meats into my diet i felt disgusting ! I was constantly bloated, i gained 8lbs and i would always feel super sick and have terrible stomach pains after a meal. That was enough for me to realize that the whole meat and me thing just isnt going to workout :) I have learned that when going vegetarian or Vegan that getting the 'Fake" meat products like Morning star or Boco for every meal is just as bad as getting meat. They are not healthy ( healthier then meat yes, but for every day no) there great for a quick meal or dinner but try to use tofu's, potatos, beans and veggies to substatute any meat .

I thought it would be hard to stop eating meat, i started with no beef... then no chicken and no fish and so on. Its not hard at all!! Good luck
  • beanie1119
    beanie1119 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    When I became veggie (but I still eat fish) I was very gassy and bloated but it all evened out for me. I am a gassy person anyways but I was more than usual.So Yes it gets better. Your body needs some time to get get used to it :)
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    When I became veggie (but I still eat fish)

...then you never became any kind of veggie. You're a pescatarian.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    One of my coworkers fed me mayonnaise, I am SO angry. I didn't trust him to make anything else for my lunch, so I went hungry.:(
  • LOLmerrill
    LOLmerrill Posts: 43
    Options
    congrats on making the jump to live "the kind life". Ive been ovo-lacto veg since I was 8 and recently went vegan. So far, the energy has sky rocketed. Hence the sudden interest in getting my *kitten* in gear.