Hi Everybody! I'm new to this

Contrary03
Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hello~ My name is Maryanne. I am misrable! I have gained 25lbs and wanna do something about it. I worked as a waitress for the past 15yrs and was extremely active, so i had no problem keeping weight off. Well, its a different story now. I havn't worked for the past 8mos. and have done alot of sitting in front my laptop. I knew i was somewhat depressed after having to quit my job after 10yrs, and being a housewife, i have more time to cook amazing dinners. I love to cook! I started over eating ( i was never in denial about that )... it just tasted soooo good! And before i knew it, my clothes didn't fit anymore. Never being over weight in the past, ( other than when i was pregnant - 180lbs ) i feel obese now. It's bugging the hell out of me. My birthday is this month and it will be my last year in my 30's which is depressing too so i better get a handle on my situation asap! Thanks for listening to me whine!:sad:

Replies

• outdoorsmom
    outdoorsmom Posts: 46 Member
    welcome aboard. dont be too depressed about the last year of your 30's. I was told on my 40th this year my life is just starting. I am so looking forward to my 40's. I will be healthier and thinner. Good luck on your journey. Sent you a friend request!
  • MsPitt
    MsPitt Posts: 78
    There is ALWAYS time to make yourself a better YOU! Welcome to the site!
  • christinekojack
    christinekojack Posts: 96 Member
    Welcome to the site. Today is just the begining for you! I am also new to this site, but have been overwhelmed by the support shown to me! I have also sent you a friend request. Good luck xox
  • I everyone Im new to the site and have major pounds to lose...just learning how to use the site.
  • RiverRatMom
    RiverRatMom Posts: 4 Member
    Welcome! I found this site to be very helpful. It has given me the ability to stop the mindless eating and control portions so I don't have to give up the food I love. This site has become my food bible. I have to stay close to the calorie goal the site gave me. If I go over, I quit losing weight. I'm losing to 2-2.25 lbs per week with very little exercise. Next week I start a workout class, 2 hrs per week. I'm hoping to tone up while I lose. I love summer and being able to wear a bikini without that beached-whale look. I have a ways to go! My motivation is the swimsuit catalogs that are out. Enjoy your 30s, those were the best years of my life thus far...many great memories. You've got a lot to look forward to, be it thick or thin!
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    This is the first time in my life i've counted calories! What scares me is that, for the past wk i've not exercised due to bronchitis. If i were to get on my elliptical and work up a sweat, i'd have a coughing episode that would choke a horse!... My lungs are filled with crap. When i have worked out in the past, it makes me SO hungry afterwards!!! So now, i'm limited on caloric intake and i'm worried about feeling starved all the time. Any thoughts or tips???
This discussion has been closed.