soup soup soup

Options
I am looking for some healthy canned soups that don't have a lot of callories or sodium. What's your favorite?

Replies

• Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    progresso makes several.
  • helsvamp
    helsvamp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    weight watcher
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    it's not canned but trader joes has a low sodium tomato red pepper soup that is in a box (like the v8 soups) and its 100 cals for a cup and only something like 150mg of sodium! :) I eat it like crazy :)
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to know this too! I can't think of any canned soup off hand that's low in sodium. They have the reduced sodium ones, but to me they don't taste good. And now the sea salt ones, but really...salt is salt. It doesn't matter if it's iodized or from the ocean, it's sodium.

So..I'd love to know too! I love soup but had to cut it out because of the sodium
  • dawn454
    dawn454 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    mee tooo bump!
  • cookiegeorge
    Options
    The Progresso light soups. Some are 60 calories a serving, the whole can is 2 servings! They also have 70 calorie and 80 calorie kinds. The Italian meatball soup is not bad. I like the southwestern vegetable, has a little tangy touch! Just make sure you buy the light Progresso and not the original classic kinds. The potato broccoli classic has 210 calories a serving. I have had my fair share of the light soups these past couple of months. They are pretty good.
  • Kennedy946
    Kennedy946 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I find alot of the organic brands have less sodium or they just dont add extra salt which helps. You should try these brands - they are pretty good.

1) Health Valley Organic Soup - - No Salt Added - flavors
    2) Amy's organic soups
    3)Imagine Organic Soups

:)
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Healthy valley organic soups!!! My favorite and wayy low sodium!!!
  • sandrafeb13
    Options
    Thanks Shawnee. I will have to look for those soups.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Most of the lighter soups are mostly broth so I just quit buying most of them. Not worth the extra money at nearly $2 a can in some cases. Plus, they still have pretty high sodium content.

You could probably make your own with frozen veggies, chicken or beef and low sodium broth and then freeze them in smaller batches.

*Let me just say that I haven't made my own in a long time because I never plan ahead and always forget to buy the stuff to make them. But, this would probably be cheaper and easier to control what is in them. :blushing:
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Canned?? Get some low sodium chicken broth, all the veggies you like, some black or pinto beans, throw it in a pot... Tada!! Soup, put in a container and take it with you, doesn't even really need to be refrigerated.

- Mike
  • oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with Mike! Get a crockpot and go to town! Soups are so easy, and so inexpensive. To cut the sodium use half chicken stock and half water, if you're adding enough seasoning and veggies you won't notice the water. You can freeze the bigger batches and just pop one into the microwave every day for lunch. I can make 12 cups of soup for around 3.00.
  • Evalynn524
    Evalynn524 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love the V8 Corn Chowder. It's my favorite.
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I think Progresso's are tasteless. Dr. Oz has some good recipes on his web site www.realage.com

I made the butternut soup, yummy. : )

Oh and I freeze it.
  • mommypee
    mommypee Posts: 2
    Options
    Progresso low calorie soups are super good!