(NSV) Resisted chocolate!

Options
Black_Swan
Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
So today I was hitting the bottom with my mood. I felt all alone and crappy, it made no sense but that is how I felt. Just because my plan for the night did not work out (and it was for the best in the end).
So I binged a little on spaghetti, but it was all right, because I was in deficit on net calories for the past few days and all in all with all the walking and work out today - spaghetti was not the worst thing that could happen. I actually stayed in green numbers.

But I would not have stayed in green if I did what I REALLY wanted to do. I ALMOST went and bought a whole chocolate and ate it. All 100g. That is not healthy, and not right, for all kinds of reasons. After months without doing this, today was really critical. I felt the taste in my mouth, I could smell it, I wanted to bathe in it and drink it and eat it and cover myself in chocolate.
I kind of blame the fatty spaghetti for that, it must have messed up my sense of right.

But I resisted! I said to myself that I have a goal of 1lb this week and that I must stay strong.
As a reward I got an Irish cream tea from my friend (how do they make that stuff? It was only herbs, really!). It smelled of chocolate, haha...

I am so happy I resisted today! Thank you for reading!

Replies

• SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! Good for you for resisting! Yay!!
  • jtfish112
    jtfish112 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good job staying strong :drinker:
  • cooki3s
    cooki3s Posts: 47
    Options
    Great stuff resisting.
    Where do you get that irish cream tea - it sounds awesome.. :) mmmm :smile:
  • 33nessy
    33nessy Posts: 104
    Options
    well done...i could learn a lot form you...lol today i ate 6 home made chocoalte afghans...obiously i cant be trusted.
  • smelmel
    smelmel Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you, each time you resist the easier it gets :flowerforyou:
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I dont know where is the tea from, my friend had it! Try some specialized tea shop, I guess... Thanks everyone!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm glad you posted this, it's made me want to say what happened to me today, I have had a nasty history with addiciton to a 'mc' certain fast food chain. Today on my way home on my one rest day I actually pulled into there, but seconds away from going into the drive through part I turned the car and went out. Couldn't believe it! It's nice conquering, even when it looks like all hope is lost and you should give in. Well done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!