Hi... great success story for ya

Options
I signed my husband and i up nearly 2 weeks ago. I didnt need to loose much weight but more needed to keep myself accountable for working out... or so i thought. this system has made me rethink the way that i eat! I am obsessed!

However, the biggest success story is for my husband. He has always worked out like a crazy man, but eating has always been his downfall... mostly because he was raised in a home of VERY emotional eaters. He was a division 1 college football player and all those years of abuse have been bothering his knees, making running more and more difficult... making losing weight nearly impossible for him. the day after we got him signed up, i got a call at work saying he was having chest pains and was on the way to the hospital. It turned out to be pleurisy. Which meant a week off of working out. several days later, he felt well enough to run. He went for a jog, came back and decided to have a snowball fight with out boys. i got ANOTHER call at work saying he blew his knee out. He has been out of working out since... in these 13 days, because of keeping track and following this plan, he has lost 14 pounds. the weight that he has lost is lessening the pain on his knee while we wait for his surgery date. He feels better, and being that he is super competitive, this has turned into a game for him. We have completely revampt the way we eat and drink....this has been amazing and i have gotten half of my family and friends signed up too! i LOVE this!

Replies

• kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    How inspiring!! Your poor husband though- he just can't seem to catch a break...
  • jeromy75
    jeromy75 Posts: 112
    Options
    That's really awesome. Thank you for sharing this. Definitely inspiring.
  • Anita1271
    Anita1271 Posts: 56
    Options
    That is really great!!!! But I do feel sorry for your husband though! :)
  • erica2h
    erica2h Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I agree, poor guy, good thing he is having sucess, have to feel GREAT about that!
    I have gotten my friend and cousin to do this site also, we all struggle with the last few pounds, since having kids, and we have all lost weight, we LOVE it! It is nice to finally know how many calories to eat each day, and to be accountable.LOVING IT!Good luck to you all!
  • shan2bthin
    shan2bthin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great to read your story! I hope he has a quick recovery from surgery.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    that is awesome. tell your husband that when he has his surgery to do everything the rehab therapist tells him to do. it will hurt but if he doesn't do what they are telling him to do it will not work. my mom is 81 years old and in the past 3 years she has had her right hip replaced (July 2008, released from doctor in 7 weeks), her left knee (Dec 2009, was released from doctor in 6 weeks) and her right shoulder (Dec 2010, released from doctor in 6 weeks). Now that's pretty good for an 81 year old woman who takes no meds what so ever. The reason for her success is that she does every thing they tell her to do. And trust me when I say she can run circles around me still. She still maintains her own yard (1/2 acre), drives like the "Little Ole Lady from Pasadena" and does her own cooking and cleaning.

Here is to both of your journeys and to his speedy recovery from knee surgery

Vicky Jo
  • beckyboowoo
    Options
    I always find comfort in the success of others, thank you for sharing with us!!! I wish I used this site/app when I first started losing weight (40 kg ago) but have found it key in helping break through my 3 month plateau. I've logged in for 16 days straight now and in 2 week dropped 1.9 kg ( that's a lot whern you're so close to goal) so you can imagine how thrilled I am. Persoanlly being a MASSIVE workout addict, I always have a little alarm bell go off when I hear about rapid weight loss without exercise and just wanted to make one tiny suggestion for your husband after reading he worked out so much, KEEP UP THE INTAKE OF FATS (GOOD ONES OF COURSE) AND PROTEIN! The reason in case you don't know, is to minimise muscle loss. The scales don't know the difference and you just want to make sure the loss in weight is due to losing fat stores. Keep up the good work, the benefits are so much more far reaching than you ever anticipate.
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the great story.
  • abtender
    abtender Posts: 2
    Options
    thanks everybody! This is my first time on the boards, and i must say it is REALLY nice to see all the support.

@becky- thanks for the tip! i will keep an eye out for that when cooking!
  • anakinlover
    anakinlover Posts: 109
    Options
    What an inspiring story! I wish you and your husband much success! Good luck to both of you! :flowerforyou: