Droid app

Options
Anyone know of an app for the Droid that acts as a pedometer or tracks calories burned while running? Or even anything remotely close to that.

Replies

• jodimitchell
    jodimitchell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    great question! ~bump~
  • bevpulse
    bevpulse Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You might check out Cardio Trainer.
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    CardioTrainer does....although I uploaded it and took it off all in one day - really ate up my battery!
  • hoopzfanatic
    hoopzfanatic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like the form factor of Cardio Trainer also. Another good app for this is RunKeeper.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    try endomondo! tracks distance/calories burned/time
    only if you are outside though of course lol
  • otm25
    otm25 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I like imapmyrun, easy to use, pretty accurate
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Another good one is Cardio Trainer http://www.worksmartlabs.com/cardiotrainer/about.php
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I just started using RunKeeper, and it is great. It estimated my calories burned about 20% less than what my HRM showed, but I love the app so far. It tracks your run, offers audio cues for time and/or distance, and uploads/tracks the information for you.
  • saldridge
    saldridge Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper works well, and uses the GPS of your phone. It is an Android app so it should work with your Droid. It's free of course.

I like it because you can set it so it paces you on your walk, it can tell you every 1/2/5/01 minute or every 1/2/5/ miles or so how far you went, how long and how fast you are going and it also tracks calories. The web site use is also free, and you can have teams with friends.
    It charts your walk for you too, shows elevation, it has a "coaching" function that can train you for running a 5k for beginners or to improve your time to 30 minutes or below.

Highly recommended!
  • thomasvision
    thomasvision Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Yeah I use Runkeeperpro for my Galaxy tab. It tracks your time, distance, and even shows you a map of your location with its gps feature. Love it!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    The one I downloaded i'm still having a hard time with. One setting is too senitive, and has me taking more steps than actual. The next one gives me only half the steps I take.
  • jenrobyoung
    Options
    I want to thank everyone that gave suggestions. I just downloaded the Cardio Trainer and love it. Used it for the first time tonight like that it tracks speed, miles, calories and time. I can share on face book and set myself reminders for regular workouts. Thanks a bunch everyone!!!!!!!
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I started using Runkeeper and really like it! Thanks for the suggestions everyone.