I don't feel like eating veggies

I usually get plenty of vegetables and fruits, but the last few days I have had to make myself eat them. I don't know what is wrong. I don't dislike veggies. I am not craving salads or fruit. I am worried because I am eating a lot of empty carbs. I am staying in my cals because of exercise.
I guess I just need to confess that. I am going to make a veg heavy dinner.

Thanks,
MK

Replies

• I usually get plenty of vegetables and fruits, but the last few days I have had to make myself eat them. I don't know what is wrong. I don't dislike veggies. I am not craving salads or fruit. I am worried because I am eating a lot of empty carbs. I am staying in my cals because of exercise.
    I guess I just need to confess that. I am going to make a veg heavy dinner.

Thanks,
    MK
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    I go thru spurts where the thought of eating a salad totally turns me off. Then I go thru a time when all I crave is salads. I just roll with the cravings, sensibily.
  • Try making them into a smoothie drink, (fruits and veggies) there was a post on here a day or 2 ago that sounded really good, maybe that will help.:smile:

94358.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • I have been there, I go through times where I can't stand random vegetables. For a while I loathed the texture of green peppers raw. But I think that is just getting sick of the same old. Try switching it up and making a new recipe, one that incorporates fruits and vegetables you normally don't use.
  • I do that too, like the PP said, try to incorporate them into things you do like. Like having carrot sticks with low-fat ranch instead of just plain, or make a chicken stir-fry with veggies over brown rice. There are TONS of recipes out there, healthy ones too!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    this is why I have been making a lot of soup!
    You can add as much celery, carrots, turnips, pasnips, onion, peppers, and beans as you like!

For some reason I can eat them in soup and stew and enjoy them. After about a week, I finally had a salad again.

:flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    What about doing fajitas for dinner? Sautee peppers and onions at a high temp, with left over chicken breast or steak, and wrap it up in whole grain tortillas?

Or, tonight I made a carrot puree - just boil carrots, and then blend with a little butter or marg (I use lactose free non-hydrogenated margarine due to dairy allergy) some rice milk, a touch of brown sugar and cinnamon, salt, pepper, and some fresh chopped parsley. It was delish, low cal, and packed with vitamins! I do this with squash and turnip too - it helps the kids to eat it. Just an idea...
    :flowerforyou:
  • Thanks everyone.

For dinner I cooked some frozen veggies and added smoked salmon and shredded Parmesan cheese. I was really good.