What are Your Weekend Exercise/Fun Plans?

Options
shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
Ok, all--it's Friday again! I've done this a couple times now and have enjoy reading what others are planning to do for the weekend. It's so great to see all of us being so active! So, what are you planning for this weekend?
Share your fun/exercise plans so the rest of us can get motivated, too!

I'll start with what some of the MFP Cycle Gang has planned because once again, our own MFP Cyclers are making me soooo proud!!

jadaigle--is going to compete in her 4th Triathlon of the Year!!!

dothompson--will be riding from Rosarito-Ensenada Mexico!

Bamboo--will be riding in a Metric Century (that's 60 miles!)

andtckrtoo--will be riding a 60 mile ride this weekend!

And, me, Shore, I'll be riding the bike leg (15miles) as part of a team in my VERY FIRST TRIATHLON!!

Let's hear from all, so we can cheer each other on!

static.gifstatic.gifcheerleader.gifcheerleader.gifcheerleader.gifcheerleader.gifcheerleader.gifstatic.gifstatic.gif

Replies

• shorerider
    Options
    Ok, all--it's Friday again! I've done this a couple times now and have enjoy reading what others are planning to do for the weekend. It's so great to see all of us being so active! So, what are you planning for this weekend?
    Share your fun/exercise plans so the rest of us can get motivated, too!

I'll start with what some of the MFP Cycle Gang has planned because once again, our own MFP Cyclers are making me soooo proud!!

jadaigle--is going to compete in her 4th Triathlon of the Year!!!

dothompson--will be riding from Rosarito-Ensenada Mexico!

Bamboo--will be riding in a Metric Century (that's 60 miles!)

andtckrtoo--will be riding a 60 mile ride this weekend!

And, me, Shore, I'll be riding the bike leg (15miles) as part of a team in my VERY FIRST TRIATHLON!!

Let's hear from all, so we can cheer each other on!

static.gifstatic.gifcheerleader.gifcheerleader.gifcheerleader.gifcheerleader.gifcheerleader.gifstatic.gifstatic.gif
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! Go all of you, that sounds awesome!!

Tomorrow is my first day off in THREE WEEKS. :noway: I hate being assistant manager. :grumble:

Anywho...I am going to:

Do a Strictly Strength class (to get my glyc. levels low hehe).
    Eat Ethiopian for lunch, my fave!
    Walk around downtown (hopefully it's nice).
    Get a Ben & Jerry's Cookie Cookie Sundae and share it with my bf b/c I aced my exam! :bigsmile: First treat in a month!
    Play Ultimate Alliance on our borrowed X-Box!
    Go to a party (and drink a couple of my airplane bottles left over from my b-day in March LOL)!
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    play with my lights stay inside turn ac on ( 3 WEEKS NO POWER THANK YOU IKE :mad: ) OH AND :drinker:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Tonight there was a fall festival at my kids elementary school. I had to be there in my cubscout uniform to try and get more boys to join. Tomorrow is Mountain Heritage day at the university here. So if its not raining I will go to that for a little. Then I am not sure what else.

Connie
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you cyclers!! I wish I had my bike here, but I'm at my IL's for the weekend! I packed my running shoes and ipod and I'll be running tomorrow. Not sure on the distance yet, need to find a good route!!

Have a good one!

Jess
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Hope all you cyclers have a great time, and a safe ride! :flowerforyou: Jamerz is gonna break one of his own rules (gasp, shock, surprise) and hit the club tommorow. I never go in on weekends, but since we weer away from home, and just got back, if I go tommorow, I'll have my 4 workouts for the week. then maybe lawn mowing (new ZTR mower, I just gotta use it) and Sun maybe a bike ride after church. Hugz to all!
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my Saturday off with a run, and then my hubby and I are going to go check out/join a new gym! I'm so excited!! Then later in the evening we're going to my nephew's football game. Sunday will be church, playing at the park, working out with Bob, and getting ready for another week...Oh no! I already feel like my weekend is almost gone!!

Hope everyone has a good one :bigsmile:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Well, if no rain, we are going to the smokey mountain , townsand craft country fair Saturday.

Then the Apple Festival Sunday in Crossville Tennessee.

So lots of walking!!!!!

If it rains, planning on starting the fall cleaning and the slim in 6 again and walking, weights and yoga.

Keeping the exercise up!!!!!
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to head out to the first pool party of the year! Yeesh, it's only just turned spring out here, I'm not ready for bikini season!! But we are watching the AFL Grand Final (kinda like an Aussie Superbowl) so it there should be lots of fun, food, and drink!! I will try to swim lots to counter the drinking calories....

Sunday I will do Body Pump and hike the local mountain.

happy weekend all! :flowerforyou:
  • rosiesantos7
    rosiesantos7 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Come chat online. Here is the website http://mfp-archive.harehome.org/chat/
  • shorerider
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is having fun, fun, fun, AND fitness! Yea!

Today's the day for me! Heading out in a few hours. Hope I don't come in completely last ohnoes.gif
  • summer2984
    Options
    I am going t oa gathering of friends and then off for letterboxing!!!!
  • shorerider
    Options

What's letterboxing?
  • shorerider
    Options
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

My Tri was a bust--it POURED rain, and I mean rain of biblical proportions with thunder and lightening. My team decided not to do it even though the organizers said it was a go regardless. But I couldn't see a thing because of my glasses, and my swimmer was terrified to get in the water.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    TEN K aka "The great race" is on my list of todos. EEEEEEKKKKKKK
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    My church meets on Saturday afternoons out in the country so I think I'm going to go early and take a 1-1/2 mile hike up & down hills through the woods. Maybe I can get hubby to go with me. Yep ... I'm liking church that you don't have to dress up for or get up early for!!

No dancing this weekend, though. :cry:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

My Tri was a bust--it POURED rain, and I mean rain of biblical proportions with thunder and lightening. My team decided not to do it even though the organizers said it was a go regardless. But I couldn't see a thing because of my glasses, and my swimmer was terrified to get in the water.

Oh no! What a bummer! :frown:
    Well, look at it this way - now you have more time to train for your next tri!
  • shorerider
    Options

Oh no! What a bummer! :frown:
    Well, look at it this way - now you have more time to train for your next tri!

Yeah but the really bad part was I had already eaten a BIG breakfast and a good snack to make sure my BG levels stayed up during the Tri. Now, I've got no calories left hardly :-( So, I decided "what the heck, I'll have a cheat day!"
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Aw, that's too bad. Don't blame you and your team for bailing (sorry for the pun), live and exercise safely is the way to go!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

ohhh I :heart: letterboxing....come back and tell me what you leave and find!! I want to hear all the details of the adventure!!:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!