WEEKENDS .. help

Options
I'm really good at sticking to my calories and food intake on the weekdays. I started exercising on Friday, woke up early on Saturday to exercise and walked a bit that evening, rested on Sunday, and worked out this morning. However, my weekend sucked. I failed miserably. I can't seem to control myself on the weekends. Any helpful tips?

Replies

• nikkelle
    nikkelle Posts: 8
    Options
    don't get discourage....i am aware of what i eat on the weekends however i don't stress about it...my goal is to start off doing great Monday thru fri lunch....after that i do me without going overboard...however i do stay away from all fried food...dont beat your self up...just keep working at it
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    I have no idea what happens for you during the weekends. I do find it is easier to stick to the calorie intake during the week. It is probably because you are more goal-oriented during the week, and have more to fill your time. Perhaps a new weekend activity is in order. Also, check the company you keep on the weekends. Are these people encouraging you in your program? Are you with "enablers" during the weekend? I have no idea what your eating habits are like, so those are just some general ideas. Good luck on your venture.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Try allowing yourself to eat closer to maintenece calories on the weekends. I generally do this, I try to limit myself around 1500-1700 calories 1780 is my maintenece. I know I am always out and about, and I like to splurge and eat a little bigger portions of my favorite things, so I plan for it...

If you plan for it then you don't feel guilty.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    maybe try and get out and about, keep yourself occupied
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Try not to worry so much about what happens on the weekends! Its ok to treat yourself after a long week of eating right and exercising. Plus it helps to keep your metabolism guessing and not getting your system into too much of a routine! Remeber to drink lots of water, especially when you have a major craving!! I eat right and exercise hard throughout the week, but on the weekends, I like to have my wings, bbq, and a beer or two. Just dont over do it!! You'll be ok, gotta live a little or you'll get burned out! Of course this just my opinion so feel free to ignore it if you want too! Good luck, you can do it!!
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Well, there is the option of just relaxing on the weekend - that's what I do :) Here's the thing though, you WILL lose slower. I am a very slow loser, been at this since Jan 2010 and I've lost almost 36lbs. I don't get discouraged by the amount of time it's taking and it works well for me - I have two small kids and a LOT of committments on the weekends.

if you're looking to steam through this process with consistent big losses almost every week, you should really look at ways to improve your weekends :)
  • Fabulousityat40
    Options
    LM721 try carrying 100 calorie snacks with you in your purse. Also, if you happen to eat out, ask for the locations nutrition calculation sheet. Many restraunts and fast food establishments carry them now. This weekend I ate at mcdonalds because my daughter had girl scouts and we were out there for 3 hours selling cookies. I had a 4 pc nugget, apple dippers/low fat caramel instead of fries and a diet coke and it totaled 290 calories. Also, try downloading myfitnesspal onto your phone. I have the application downloaded and it allows me to easily look up calories and log my calories while on the go.
  • KMarie2011
    KMarie2011 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I so understand! I bombed out this weekend as well! I know that it's all about planning the entire week, not just the week days! This weekend we will do better my friend!! We have to!
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    totally get it!! I had a really bad week on Friday and have lost a total of only 3lbs since starting this weight loss journey at the begining of January. I run 3x a week and workout doing Crossfit or Bodyrock excercies another 3x a week and only 3lb loss!!!! Really!! I'm not sure where you live but where I live I have this diet delivery food place called My Fit Foods and you can go in and buy what you want. Since I don't like cooking at all starting when I get home Friday evenings, I went out and bought all my foods from there. Its not only cheaper or about the same when eating out. They range from 6-10 dollars a meal. This is what I'm doing as of this past weekend to see if this will help some. I'm allowing myself one cheat meal a week instead of the every weekend splurge. I feel your pain. I just ran a half marathon a week ago and I'm like this just sucks so bad!!! I should at least be down 8-10lbs and I'm not!!! Or like someone else said. Try and stick to your maintenance cals. Hope this helps some.
  • readeramm
    readeramm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Planning ahead helps me. When we eat out I try to select a national chain so I can access their nutritional information ahead of time. I make my selection before we go out so I know exactly what I'm doing. Just looking at entrees with 1500 calories and 50 grams of fat is enough for me to decide I want no part of it. If I go over my limit I do so knowingly and more reasonably when I'm armed with the facts.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!