I'm totally new at this.....

Options
Hey everyone. My name is Valondra and I'm totally new at this sort of thing. I've tried dieting over the years, but its gotten to the point where I think its getting to me in a whole new way. I'm trying my best to diet, but sticking too it is way too hard when there are other people living with me that tempt me and they don't even know it. How can I make the temptations go away? :grumble:

Replies

• Valondra
    Options
    Hey everyone. My name is Valondra and I'm totally new at this sort of thing. I've tried dieting over the years, but its gotten to the point where I think its getting to me in a whole new way. I'm trying my best to diet, but sticking too it is way too hard when there are other people living with me that tempt me and they don't even know it. How can I make the temptations go away? :grumble:
  • gnu1971
    gnu1971 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! This is a great site! I've only been here a few weeks now, but I really love it.

Can you tell us a little bit more about your living situation? At home, I only have to "deal" with my husband, who is usually supportive. Last night he ticked me off by playing at force feeding me a fried dumpling (gyoza) when we went out for sushi. I had planned my meal, and I had not planned for that little treat and he knew it. I got over it though, and congratulated myself on sticking to my plan. That's one way to deal with temptation, but there are many people here with many good ideas!

92848.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • susan62
    Options
    Welcome.:smile: You're going to love it here. There are great people who have wonderful advice, tips, etc. to help you through it.

As for the temptations, I deal with them daily. My hubby eats what he wants, as do the grandbabies, and then here I am chowing down on my plate of celery hoping my hubby bites his tongue as he eats his chocolate cake. :laugh: It is a struggle, but if you really want to get rid of the weight and learn to start living a healthy lifestyle, then you will find a way to deal with the temptations. I've found some wonderful recipes on here that allow you something sweet, without a ton of calories, fat, etc. Check them out. I've had a field day checking out all of them and then trying them out. You will find, that it does get easier. In the meantime, if you find yourself tempted to the extreme, grab a Special K bar, or some Ritz 100 calorie snack pack. It does help.:flowerforyou:

Good luck to you.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :drinker: