My favorite 3 foods to snack on...

Options
So here are my new favorite 3 snack foods -

When I really need to have something in my mouth (yeah like all the time!!!) - Bar-b-q Sunflower Seeds (roased & salted) - first you suck on them, then spilt them open and eat the seed... takes a while so it keeps you busy and nice and salty!!

When I need to crunch on stuff - Popcorn!!! Airpopped with whatever spice and seasoning I'm in the mood for!

When I absolutely need something sweet - chocolate covered pretzels - 8 pretzels for 130 calories is enough for me!!!

What are your favorite snacking items??? I'd like to add to my list :happy:

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Almonds! I buy a big bag of plain natural almonds and count them out inot 25 nut portions in little tupperware containers or freezer bags. Always have one in my handbag. These have just about replaced my daily bag of crisps/ chips. 100-120 cals.

2 rice crackers with laughing cow light. Oh wow, my mid-morning lip-smacker! Might add a few slices of cherry tomato for minimal cals.

Houmus with celery sticks or carrot sticks.
  • cookiegeorge
    Options
    I just bought a box of the Special K Cracker Chips with sea salt! Oh my my my....They taste like munchos. remember those! But you can have 30 cracker chips for 110 calories! I also bought a 10 pack of the tiny snack size 3 musketeer bars. I like them frozen. And frozen grapes, I like those. I have to admit though, I am liking the chocolate covered pretzel idea.. yum!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    my homemade chocolate yogurt made with greek yogurt. lots of protein and very filling.

my homemade midnight brownies. lots of protein.

fresh strawberries with dark chocolate almond butter.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Cherry tomatoes are a winner for me. Only 30ish cals for 10.
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've been eating sugar snap peas dipped in 1 laughing cow cheese...YUM!
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I too really like the Kellog's Cracker chips...I have them with lunch and I eat 15 with my tuna sandwich! She's right they do taste like munchos!

I also really like the Nature Valley Granola thins, chocolate or peanut butter. 90 cals

one of very favorites is the Kozy sugar free rice pudding - 60 cals

I eat a lot of the Laughing Cow extra light minis...50m cals

Ever try the flavored Tuna? lemon or tomato..very good, lots o protein

Who can pass up choc covered pretzels?!
  • Aintplayin
    Aintplayin Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm gonna have to give the Laughing Cow stuff a try.

I think my favorite snack is almonds. I buy the 100 calorie packs (I forget the brand but it's a green box) and nibble on a a few at a time throughout the day. The protein really curbs the appetite when it's not time to have a meal. :)

If I haven't used a lot of calories for the day, I splurge on salsa and chips. It's just a little over 200 calories for 1 cup of salsa and 24 bite sized whole grain tortillas.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I really do love eating almonds every day.

Popcorn is still a huge fave, but I just can't go for any air popped variety. That is one of my indulgences in a world where I'm eating much healthier otherwise. I have one of those movie style popcorn machines, and it makes fantastic popcorn. I don't have it all the time, but when I want popcorn, I can't substitute for that popcorn awesomeness. I don't add extra salt or butter, however, so it really isn't THAT bad.

Oh - and I do love the light string cheese! There are a number of different brands that have pretty similar stats, but they're all pretty tasty - and FUN, too!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Turkey Hill Dutch Chocolate ice cream. Haven't had it over 1.5 months I think. I am very determined. I also like nutella a lot but I eat it regularly. If I ever get a salty craving then can't go wrong with Doritos. Last doritos I had was over 2 months now I think :)
  • BrilliantLove
    BrilliantLove Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hunt's fat free chocolate pudding- 80 calories per serving

Laughing cow cheese light with grapes

Baked cheetos- 100 calorie pack (I try and stay away but it's difficult)

***Will have to try the almonds in the purse- that's a great idea especially when I'm faced with vending machine alternatives
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My fav. snacks are:

Low-fat yogurt, and depending on the brand between 70-110 calories per container.

Kellogg's Nutri Grain cereal bars - 120 calories - there's a variety of fruit flavors.

Sounds strange - but I love frozen banana slices and frozen pineapple chunks. Drain the pineapple and save the juice in a bowl. Slice as many banans into the pineapple juice as you wish. Each slice between 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
    On a large cookie sheet, covered with plastic wrap - lay out the banana slices and the pineapple chunks. Pop the cookie sheet into the freezer, when the fruit is frozen, place the pieces into a large freezer safe, zip lock bag.
    Great to snack on or to mix into a smoothie!

**Forgot to say that the pineapple juice keeps the bananas from turning dark while you prepare them!
  • zulunery
    zulunery Posts: 22
    Options
    Wow! I love the idea of frozen banana and pineapple; I'm definintely trying that one. I also really like almonds but I don't have any self control over how many I eat. I like the idea of portioning them off and putting a sack in my purse. I find that if I don't have anything with me I end up having whatever fast food place is near...
  • MaryBachert
    MaryBachert Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have to say I love Fibre One-Caramel Delight. I measure out 1/2 a cup and put it in a snack bag. I always keep one in my purse and in our vehicle. That way I know it is 90 calories. However, I have one stipulation. I can only eat one piece at a time. I now know that one little bag can last me at least 10 to 15 minutes eating it like that. I have done the same with Golden Grahams also. It just gives me that sugar fix that I need, especially when it comes dessert time! :)

I also like teriyaki rice crackers. 18 of these crackers is 120 calories.

My other favourite is Yoplait Source yogurt (Dessert Selection) and I get the 35 calorie one, and then I can add a Black Diamond CheeseString for 70 calories.
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I buy the 100 calorie almonds in the green box, too. I also like Fiber One yogurt, popcorn, Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, sugar free Jello and pudding, Quaker cheddar and caramel mini rice cakes. I like the frozen banana/pineapple idea. I'm going to try that.
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    If I am after an after tea sweet snack one of the The skinny cow ice cre3am sticks 80 cals I think and very nice

I love homus (I use light variety) with carrot sticks

Vita weets sesame biscuits
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    As you can tell by my previous post - I love frozen treats! Another fav. is to freeze green or red grapes! If they are really big, slice them in half and put them cut side down on the plastic wrapped cookie sheet. I buy larger quantities of fruit when it's on sale and then as soon as possible I freeze and then bag them in zip lock freezer bags. When my family is having bowls of ice cream on a hot day, I treat myself to a bowl of frozen HEALTHY fruit!
  • Cashlynn
    Cashlynn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great ideas...a few new ones for me. Here are mine.

I like Flipsides (5) and a slice of fat free cheese

A hot beverage really takes care of the hunger. I have an expresso with skim milk and sugar free syrup (caramel). Instead of whipped cream I have the milk frothed. It tastes like dessert but adds calcium into my diet.

Babybel light and a small piece of fruit.
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have to go with Quakers - Quakes mini rice cake. 5 or 6 flavors and based on flavor you can have 13 - 19 of them for 120 cals
  • BrittBritt117
    Options
    omg, I just have to say that my new OBSESSION is frozen fruit (especially bananas and green grapes) drizzled with sugar-free chocolate syrup (only 15cals/2tbsp)!!!! Perfect for the chocolate craving and soo filling!

I also love Dannon light & fit yogurt (sometimes mixed with fresh fruit), FiberOne/generic fiber bars, saltines, and 100cal bag of kettle popcorn, and I am just now discovering pistachios and almonds! I used to like snacking on lunch meat, too, until I realized just how much fricken sodium they put in there.
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    I love blue diamond almonds with sea salt and laughing cow cheese:)