Leslie Sansone's 5-mile walk?

Options
Does anyone do it? How many calories do you typically burn?

Replies

• monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i just did the 3 mile one and burned 270. fyi : ) Monica
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,013 Member
    Options
    I do it, but havent done the 5 miles yet, have only done the 1,2 and 3 miles so far. The 3 mile walk was about 300 calories. I hope this helps
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I do the 5 mile walk and love it. I only give myself credit for 300 calories but I do work up a good sweat the heart rate is thumping.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I do the 5 mile walk and love it. I only give myself credit for 300 calories but I do work up a good sweat the heart rate is thumping.
  • KaylatheChristian
    Options
    I do the 5 mile and burn around 900 calories--and yup I've used my heart rate monitor. I love Leslie's videos!
  • MEMA5
    MEMA5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I DO THE 3 AND 4, ALSO PUNCH UP UR WALK I BURN BETWEEN 200-350 CAL..I LIKE IT..
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    For every WATP mile I give myself 100 calories burned ... but I weigh 185 and I'm 48.

It all depends on your age and weight. Maybe it's just weight and not age, but I always check a few sites to get an accurate "calories burned" equation. There are a lot of great sites out there. Just google.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I love her workouts! If you ask me that 100 lbs earlier I would say I would of burn alot of calories but now 100lbs later and the use of a HRM I would burn maybe 400 to 500 if I use hand weights.
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    i have 3 of her dvd's and love them....great cardio for me....i will change it up and do something different every now and then. i was able to start slowly with her and grow.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I've done the 3 mile; immediately followed by the 2 mile; burned about 600-700 calories...FELT GREAT Afterwards! I'm a Leslie Sansone junkie!!!

I should note: I do NOT have an HRM; and those numbers came from MFP directly; it's about 100 calories for each 10 minutes based on my weight, age, etc.