Where do I get healthy diet advice????

Options
Hi all! I found out about this site today and am totally going to utilize it! I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and so far in 4 months I have only lost 24 lbs.. well admittedly we have only gone to the gym since January 16th the rest of the time was just dieting and working out at home Very frustrating and usally I loose fast but I think my prblem is that I do not get enough of what my body needs on a daily basis so my metabolism is sluggish! What can I do to prevent this or what diet can I follow?????????????

Replies

• lynnp84
    lynnp84 Posts: 2
    Options
    :noway:
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    You're really only supposed to lose 1-2 lbs a week so i think you're doing pretty good!
    What exactly do you eat? Lots of fruit and veggies, lots of water, multi-vitamins and if you need a fiber supplement.
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    "only 24 pounds?" that's fabulous!

my favorite is Fat2FitRadio.com 119 free podcasts and all the data on the website to back up everything they say. Fabulous fabulous site!!!!!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You've lost ONLY 24 pounds in 4 months? Color me confused. That sounds great to me.
  • jaysp87
    jaysp87 Posts: 32
    Options
    24 pounds in 4 months is a very healthy loss. I wouldn't aim to lose more. That is on average 6 pounds a month or 1-2 pounds a week.

Keep doing what you are doing.
  • traystutz2003
    Options
    i would suggest drinking more water. check ur sodium intake too. once i started tracking food on here i couldnt believe how much salt i was ingesting even though i thought i was being careful. i dropped 20lbs in no time. i was just doing the the diet thing for about 3 months then started going to the gym mid january. its not always easy but i love wen i go now. keep it up and give it time. even if its a pound at a time dont get discouraged. Good Luck!
  • sm26davis
    sm26davis Posts: 52
    Options
    Hello, well I have been dieting and busting my butt since december and haven't really lost much. So I went and got a cheap HRM one that also tells your your calories burned. I realized I was burning tons of calories but not eating enough so my body was in starvation mode. So I have been eating and using this site to log my food and workout. What I love about it is that it also gives you the net calories after you have logged in your food and excersise. You need to be close to your calorie goal that MFP gives you before you log in any food or workout. Since I have been eating more I have lost 2lbs in the last week! I've bumped up my protein and acually ate food (healthy food) and not just a salad. Im no dr, I just know what wasn't working for me!
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    There is a very good book by Tosca Reno called The Eat Clean Diet. You can probably find it at your local library. It advocates avoiding all processed foods, refined sugars and refined flours, and focuses on eating lean protein, fruits and vegetables, healthy grains, legumes and nuts. It's a good read! There is also a monthly magazine called Clean Eating which has lots of great recipes each month.

Good luck!