Does anyone else get really irked by Biggest Loser?

Options
emaybe
emaybe Posts: 187 Member
Just wondering if I'm the only one.

Replies

• jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I think I've only seen it once or twice, it's just not my thing.
  • emaybe
    Options
    I never really watched it before tonight... it was just on and I left it on. Strange.
  • Renise01
    Renise01 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I used to watch it and I really enjoyed it but its not realistic. Sure these people have WAY more to lose than I do but I'd be able to lose weight that quickly if I had 6 months to do nothing but focus on my weight and have awesome trainers and a 24hr gym at my disposal along with a fridge stocked with ONLY the foods I need to eat and people teaching me how to make use of it all. I prefer the shows that showcase how people who need to lose less than say 100lbs do it at home in the real world. But thats just me! Overall I love Bob and Jillian and would relish the opportunity to work with either of them!
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yes! I missed it tonight due to midterm week. But last week made my crazy! This season has been so frustrating
  • kbloodworth
    kbloodworth Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love it. I play it when I do my cardio from home.
  • Scrappy3232
    Options
    I love the biggest loser..it makes me think that if theses folks on there can do this and lose weight so can i, but i do agree that its not really realistic. They are not working and get to work out all the time and someone is helping them figure out what to eat. They should do this show with the people at their house within an everyday worklife and still try to lose all that weight. Just saying.. thanks
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I don't think they are going to lose for the long term
  • anneliesefisher
    anneliesefisher Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What gets me is that when the contestants are devistated because they lost a small amount, there is never anyone telling them that umm hello... they may have been losing fat but gaining muscle from all the working out they do??
    Also it makes me sad when they are unhappy with say, a 4kg loss. Most people would be estatic with that in one week! It kind of promotes unrealistic targets, I think.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    There was a whole other thread about this about a week ago. One thing you have to realize is their 'week' may in fact be up to 17 days from the previous weigh in. Also, they do tell the contestants a lot of the time that if they were in the real world 3lbs lost would be HUGE.... it is all how it is edited together.
  • emaybe
    Options
    I think it frustrates me primarily because I can't afford a gym membership, or to stock my fridge with healthy foods like they do... let alone the ability to take 6 months out of my life (and work) to focus on my health... and to listen to some of them ***** and moan about how hard it is while they're there, I just wanna shake 'em and say "you're so freaking lucky, shut the hell up."
  • emaybe
    Options
    didn't realize girldog was a no-no word, sorry about that