Couch to 5K Week 4 Difficulty

Options
Hi All,

So up until now Couch to 5k has been very easy for me. I just hit week four and its like I hit a wall. I am having a lot of trouble with the workout and have done it 2 days so far and both times I couldn't finish the last minute of the 5 minute run at the end. Its just kind of discouraging because I was feeling really great before about it. I guess I just have to push through it and maybe repeat week 4 again but I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this and what they did about it?

Thanks!

Replies

• tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'm only on week 1...I would like to see the responses though. Hang in there..you can do it!
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm only on week 2, but have read many threads about C25K and LOTS of people reference repeating weeks.....so do what you can and then repeat that week. Don't force yourself you could get injured.....slow and steady wins the race (sorry for the pun)!
  • nikki_ccls
    Options
    I just started week 4 also! I have experienced the same issue. I could not run over 4 minutes. I am going to try again tomorrow morning and hopefully I can step it up a bit.

Good luck to you!
  • christenapanzone
    christenapanzone Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had the very same trouble. I took two weeks to get through week 4. Keep pushing through but take your time. Listen to your body...you may just need some extra time with week 4. Once you get to week 5 you will be glad you did!
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    When I started C25k, I was only watching tv as I ran. It became daunting and I figured out I needed to listen to music to pass the time faster. I began to make it a competition with myself. At first, I couldn't look at the time until I had listened to 2 songs, then 5, and so on. I was so focused on the music that I didn't think about the discomfort. Now I've been running for 35 minutes for 3 weeks. It feels great! Find your happy place. :) You can do this. So what if you take an extra week.
  • JenWorthen3
    JenWorthen3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just did week 4 for the first time today and couldn't do it. I had done a Week 3 run yesterday and was pushing myself on speed, so I just don't think I was ready for it quite yet. I made it for the two 3 minute runs and the first 5, but couldn't even attempt the second 5. Give yourself time and if you have to repeat a week, do it and don't worry about it. If other people aren't struggling with this week, they'll surely struggle with another one. Keep working and you'll make it soon!
  • mmanderr18
    mmanderr18 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I would love to hear from someone who finished C25K and what they are doing now! I was at Disney World last week and I saw everyone with the Princess Half Marathon t-shirts on and I think that might be my ultimate goal.. it certainly seems like a long way off though.