Don't know what to do...

CanToGirl
CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
Here is my problem and my question. There are days when I am not even close to my total calorie count and I am NOT hungry or feel like eating. And it is not a few numbers short, its hundreds. So should I eat healthy foods just to get to the total for the day or leave well enough alone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    I am having the same problem. Thanks for posting this. Hope we get some good feedback!!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Nuts. You need to eat your calories!!!! If not, your body will go into starvation mode and you your metabolism slows down.
  • I would suggest that if this happens once every two weeks or so, don't force yourself to eat when you're not hungry. However, you might want to reconsider if it's a more regular occurrence. You want to make sure you're getting your nutrients.
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    You will probably get varied answers to this, but from what I have seen most people say, is to try and eat a few high calorie healthy foods...bananas, yogurts, peanut butter, etc... I havent experimented with that yet, as I am currently losing and I have been leaving about 200 calories un-eaten a day. If, and when, I plateau, I plan to try the 'eat ALL your calories' way. i know different things work for different people....find what works for YOU! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.