B12

Options
Anyone know anything about B12 is it good or bad for you? Does it build up matabolism or is that a myth? Is is a good supplement when trying to lose weight or is that a myth????

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    not sure about b12 itself. you can wiki it or google it. but b vitamins are supposed to help with energy. i used to take a b complex called the big 100 from gnc..but i found i suffered insomnia, so i stopped taking it and could sleep again. so...am i saying the b caused it..no..just its a good coincidence.
  • Mom71
    Mom71 Posts: 24
    Options
    I did not even think about insomnia. That for the input
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    Yes thank you maybe this is why I've been having so much trouble sleepin lately?
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    B12 is good for energy not so much your metabolism. B vitamins aid in the energy process for your body so if you are needing energy it is the way to go.
  • fink21061
    fink21061 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My doc told me I had to do a B Complex otherwise just one wont work. He said I needed to have the others cause one makes the other work. Just a thought.
  • kcphilly
    kcphilly Posts: 71
    Options
    I've been anemic in the past and so for me B12 was really a wonder drug at a time when I was feeling really low mentally and physically. 2 weeks of daily injections and I felt like a different person. I still take 1,000mcg by pill a day and sometimes 2,000 on a tough workout day. My doctor still gives me a shot every few months on top of it, he said whatever your body doesn't need it will eliminate itself so there is no "overdosing" on it like some vitamins .

I don't know if it directly effects your metabolism but it is not "bad" for you. You can always get your levels checked by your doctor to see where you're at...the "normal" range starts at 200 but that's pretty low. I like to be in the 700's at least.