Every 2 hours ot just 3 meals

ebju8482
ebju8482 Posts: 32
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
i've been eating every 2-3 hours like almost every site I look at says to do, but i'm starting to see that I'm not hungry every 2-3 hours. So I was wondering do I force myself to eat something small like the sites say to do or just eat my 3 main meals a day? And also could be because I'm constantly drinking water that I don't get hungry? Any advice Please!!!

Replies

• mstarrett01
    mstarrett01 Posts: 74 Member
    What I do is I eat my breakfast and I wait until I am hungry which is usuallly abuot 3 hours later and eat a snack. But if I don't feel hungry in 3 hours I just wait until my body is hungry. The idea is to not let yourself get to starving cause then you tend to eat way more then you should. If your not hungry then don't force yourself to eat.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    I try to do 5-6 meals a day. I've found that even if I eat a lot of calories, I still lose because it keeps my metabolism high. It's all about portion control. If you eat more meals, make them smaller. Make a couple of them a healthy snack. A "meal" can be anything, like a piece of fruit or a yogurt. It doesn't have to be filling.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    I do the 5-6 meals/snacks a day and it seems to work for me. It's not for everyone, though. The idea behind it, is to keep blood sugar levels steady. When you say you're eating every 2-3 hours, what are you eating? Ideally, it should be something like: breakfast, small snack, lunch, small snack, dinner, small snack.
    Some think it means actual meals. It's not. It's just a little bridge, if you will, to get you through till the next main meal. Snacks should be about 100 cals, give or take and about 15 grams of carbs, give or take. My diary is open if you want to look.

Also, I tend to go 2 1/2 - 3 hours...no more than 3 1/2.
  • maffydavison
    maffydavison Posts: 51 Member
    When I am working, I eat every 2-3 hours, but when I'm not, I just eat when I'm hungry.
    The main thing is to:
    (1) keep your metabolism working (think adding logs to a fire to keep it going instead of waiting until it is out and trying to add a new log)
    (2) keep meal portions small

When I'm not working, I may have a more elaborate brunch than I would have for breakfast on a work day, so I don't try to eat every two hours. I just don't wait until I'm really hungry to eat because I'd eat too much.

Listening to your body is a good thing. Some people need to wait a while before they can hear what their body is saying. If you can hear it, pay attention. It's your body; it's your life style change. See what works for you.
  • Pedro_Infante
    Pedro_Infante Posts: 116 Member
    I understand the not feeling hungry but as you train your body to eat those 5 or 6 meals in a timely manner, believe me, the hunger will kick in. I wouldn't say your forcing yourself to eat but waiting till you get hungry could lead you eat more than you want. Kelika71 has given you some excellent advice.

I wish you the best of luck girl! I have seen so much success here and if you stick with it i know you can be successful too!
  • ebju8482
    Well I'm definatly going to put this advice to use. Now that I'm seeing all the responses I do think it was because my meals were just a little too much. Thank you everyone for the advice!!!!!!!!
  • ebju8482
    I will defiantly check your diary out kelika71 thank you
This discussion has been closed.