45 days on here, 18lbs lost - why is my waist the same?

Options
Hi friends,

I have been on here about 45 days now, and lost about three pounds a week on average (18.1lbs so far) to start with I was doing loads of cardio and nothing else. My chest dropped 3" but my waist was the same. I started back in the gym doing upper body weights exercises and over the past few weeks my chest has gone back up 2" and I am looking more toned (chest shoulders arms) however my waist is STILL exactly the same as the day I started :mad: I have researched improving abs muscle and the advice seems to be "get rid of the fat covering them - we all have 'abs' under it"

Any ideas?

Replies

• Liz55
    Liz55 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what your diet is like but foods that are high in sugars target the stomach area. I have been on here for 64 days and I cut pop out (not completely) but drastically. I also haven't really eaten much fruit, just a lot of vegetables. I drink a lot of water, vitamin water, green tea. I have lost 4 inches off of my waist doing cardio alone. Its hard to say what exactly you need to do because everyone is different! Try cutting out the sugary foods and see what works for you - Trial & Error.

1287092.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Try cutting your sodium intake in half. It should help with the bloat.
  • trinityj1
    trinityj1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The truth we all have to face is that that's where most of the fat lives and it's going to take the longest to go away. I've also lost quite a bit of weight (more more fat %) and seen only a little change in my waist. Things like getting enough water, supplementing vitamin D, staying away from salt and sugar, and toning the underlying muscle will help, but ultimately, it's just going to take a lot of time and effort.
  • NoelleW
    NoelleW Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Consider also that dairy often contributes to serious bloating and weight retention. Try totally taking dairy out for a week or so just to test it. You may process lactose very well and it may not be an issue...or you may be like me and drop 6 pounds in water weight and bloating. Yeah I am so not kidding. :) Best of luck!