FRUSTRATED... Your thoughts?

Options
Over the past 2.5 weeks I have been playing with the same 3lbs! I was 133 finally saw 130 on the scale then back up to 133 then down to 132, 131, 130, back up to 131... I am dying to see 129!!!!!!!!!!! Please view my food diary and give your thoughts =)

Replies

• jenn_18
    jenn_18 Posts: 32
    Options
    cant see your diary...are you sure you have it set to public?
  • emmysmommylovesher
    Options
    I feel your frustration at some point in weight loss we all hit a wall and it may take a while but you'll get there.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Can't see it hun...
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    sounds like a plateau.

I would suggest to try 2 things (1 week each to see which one works best)
    a) up your cals by 100-150 a day.
    b) extend the intensity and length of your workouts.

Good luck!
  • boogbite
    boogbite Posts: 20
    Options
    2 things jump out immediately. 1) not enough calories. 2) mostly processed food which is likely higher in sodium and lacking in fiber.
  • phassie
    phassie Posts: 14
    Options
    I also have the same frustration, so I have decided to step away from the scale for a week. Also try divide up your calories to 300 per meal: breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack. That way you achieve your daily intake of at least 1200 calories.
  • Kgallo3
    Kgallo3 Posts: 2
    Options
    I started out at around 158 as well and have gone down to 140-145. I'm trying to get into the 130 range right now. It looks to me that you need more balance in your meals. You should eat protein at every meal. I think the recommendations on here for protein are very low based on recent research. Also, watch your sugar intake. Even if you're eating low calories, sugar can hurt your progress. Aim for 5 grams or less of sugar in every serving of what you eat.
  • sarahlyzzibeth
    Options
    Are you weighing every day? That could be part of the problem. Your body fluctuates because of a lot of different factors... your menstrual cycle, water weight, how recently you have eaten or used the restroom. Usually it helps to weigh once a week, on the same day at the same time so that you're getting as consistent of results as you can regardless of these factors you can't control. Generally your body keeps the same patterns, so if you weigh at the same time every week (even under same circumstances...such as always weighing after your workout, rather than sometimes doing it before, sometimes after, etc) you should be getting more accurate results.
    I would definitely suggest talking to your doctor about your weight loss goals and get their suggestions, since they know much better than I do about your personal health and what recommendations they have for you.
  • rgfor40
    rgfor40 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    2 things jump out immediately. 1) not enough calories. 2) mostly processed food which is likely higher in sodium and lacking in fiber.

i agree... try mixing in more vegies, up the calories a little and whole grains for a few days and see what happens
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hi there! :flowerforyou:

I am wondering if you are eating enough calories?? I keep reading about this "needing to eat the calories burned" posts and it is starting to make sense.......

Also, I noticed you don't do alot of the grean vegetables or just more variety. Low on fiber maybe, we all really need at least 25 grams a day but for whatever reason this site only puts in 14 grams?

Well, good luck, hope I could help alittle.
    best,
    julia
  • eandskp
    eandskp Posts: 54
    Options
    Hi, I would cut out ALL grains and give that a try. You can still get fiber from vegetables and fruit and save the grains for a weekend treat. Concentrate on whole, real food- not packaged or processed items. Also, up your calories as everyone has suggested. If your calorie intake remains low, your cells must become more efficient. That is, they attempt to perform their jobs without burning as many calories. They adapt to the lower energy intake by expending less energy. If this happened in your car, you’d be thrilled, but when it happens in your body, you will burn 20-36% fewer calories per day by becoming more "fuel-efficient".