Embarassing but trying to inspire myself to keep going

Options
hey everyone, I've been on MFP since August of 2009. I wish I could say I've lost an incredible amout of weight and in the best shape of my life but in all this time I've only been able to lose 25lbs and gone from size 14 to size 10.

My goal is to lose 15lbs more and get into a size 8. It feels like its never going to happen and I need to remind myself how far I've come and that I need to keep pushing myself to get to my goal if I really wanna get there. so here it is! I bought this red bikini to wear in the summer for my 25th Birthday :)

I need to hold myself accountable for my actions and inactions and this will help me be accountable to my MFP friends. :smile:

BEFORE 190LBS
Cw IS 165LBS
GW 150LBS

277488_4678.jpg

Replies

• dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    You look soo good, don't get down on yourself... it'll happen, it might just take some time. You have major definition now, especially at your midsection! Wished I looked like that... I came in at 156.8 today and I definitely don't look near as good as you... keep it up!
  • JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I think you look great right now!
  • Demandante
    Options
    congrats on loosing that much so far! you look great! its been hard for me to loose the last bit too after the holidays i gained some back and am finally motivated to keep losing! so keep up the good work :)
  • angiedwill
    angiedwill Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!
  • jrhodges20
    jrhodges20 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!!! Keep it up and the rest will come with time. You look great as well. I personally have had a huge setback in my weightloss. Personally I am amazed I have dropped as much as I have with my setback. So keep up the good work, you will get there and before you know it, you will have lost it
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You look hot and you are doing amazing!
  • danielle4992
    danielle4992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think that you look pretty d@mn good if I do say so myself :D keep up the great work!
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    looking good :tongue: certainly see the difference, good luck with the last push

Stu
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You look great. Don't be embarrassed. You succeeded in losing 25 pounds. Some people don't make it that far. Enjoy your success and you will get to your goal.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    You look so good Nola!! Super inspiring!! You can do it!!
  • AbbyRedwine
    Options
    You look awesome girl! Keep up the good work!!! :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    You look great! That red bikini is meant for you.
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You have NOTHING to be ashamed of! You are looking fantastic. I know we can be our own harshest critics. We see things in ourselves that the average outsider doesn't see; blemished hips, in imperfect belly, rounder faces, fuller thighs. Who is to say what is perfect for each of us? Embrace yourself now and each step of your journey. You look marvelous and with each pound or inch your will continue this trend of fabulousness! Kick some scale, mama!
  • lk227
    lk227 Posts: 28
    Options
    I think you look great! You should be very proud of yourself.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    You've changed a lot since you joined, and you should be proud of that! I'm sure you're a lot healthier too, in addition to looking fabulous.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Aww thanks everyone for all your kind words and support :flowerforyou:

When I look back I would have never thought that I would even have the courage to try on a bikini much less display myself like that in public. I am feeling a lot more confident and I think I have come a long way in the way I think and feel about food and working out. I still love food lol but I know I have to work for it and I know how much work it takes to burn it off. So instead of giving in to every single craving atleast now I think about what I'm eating. Also, when I went home for the holidays everyone was annoyed by my new eating habits lol. It was pretty funny but everyone thought I was insane for not wanting to eat out everyday, not having seconds at meals and not being a bum on vacation, instead I tried to remain active and work out when I could.

So thanks for helping me see that, what would I do without ya'll :flowerforyou:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I think that you look pretty d@mn good if I do say so myself :D keep up the great work!
    :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    You are looking great, don't stop now, you wil be amazed how much that last 15 pounds will do,,,,,, keep going you can do it.
  • Scarletblue
    Scarletblue Posts: 255
    Options
    You look great!!
  • OBXGal
    OBXGal Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fabulous! I actually just took a 'before' picture of myself in one of my bikini's that I looked good in years ago. Not pretty..but good motivation to get my butt in gear. Kudos to you for having the courage to post your pictures, thank you.

Good luck and rock that red bikini! :happy: