NEWBIE! NEED HELP LOSING WEIGHT IN ARMS!

Options
I am not extremely overweight but recently gained about 30 pounds. The last 15 pounds doubled the size of my arms and shoulders which makes me look twice as big! I have started dieting and lost 20 pounds but my arms have not lost much of the weight. I run at least twice a week and do push ups to build muscles but I am really concerned that they are not going to return to their normal size. I am trying to lose about 20 more pounds which will put me at 125. It is going to be hard but I am determined. Any suggestions on how to get good results on my arms? Or any advice on how to lose the last 20 pounds. The first 15 came off easily and now I am having trouble. I eat about 900-1200 calories a day and am fairly active walking around work and walking to class. I have no set diet, I just count calories. If anyone knows of any lists of common healthy foods/snacks that would be really helpful. So overall I need advice with:

--Losing weight in my arms
-- A good workout routine for someone who is VERY out of shape
--Dieting tips/healthy meal and snack suggestions
--Any advice on how to lose the "harder weight"

THANKS SO MUCH IF ANYONE CAN HELP, I AM VERY MOTIVATED BUT BEGINNING TO GET DISCOURAGED AS MY RESULTS HAVE SLOWED SIGNIFICANTLY!

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    you can not target fat loss. also doing push ups or building muscles will do nothing to reduce the size or look of your arms.
  • TopKat
    TopKat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Alternate push ups with tricept dips. Building muscle will help shape your arms make them more defined and hence smaller 
  • tifanieb
    tifanieb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    resistance bands lean down the arms with out getting large muscle built up. i have lost 3 inches off my arms in 8 weeks. it works for me and i don't even do it every day. or i just lift my kids up and down lol
  • hkfalls
    hkfalls Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks everyone so much for the help!